Handicap

user104

Visit site
How does it work
Under the new system i would have a handicap of 42, if i was to play someone i know who plays off 4 (the old system) of does the sums work out

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Not sure what you are asking.

If you are 42, playing someone off 4... you would be getting 38 shots (gulp). So 2 at each hole and then 3 shots at the SI 1 and 2 holes.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Currently there is no suggestion of any changes to the use of handicaps in competition (although some fully expect 4BBB matches to move to 100% - but that's for the future, and what will be will be)

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
How do you know you would have a handicap of 42?
"i have been going to my local pitch and putt but today with the sun shining i could resist a trip down to my local 9 hole course, the usual mixed bag of shots ,i did keep score (not telling) just so i can work out a handicap !!!!! (using that golfshake handicap calculator) and i didn`t feel to bad , i`m not bothered about the clubs i carry just got a 3&5 wood 6,7,8 iron plus sw and i did buy a chipper from my local charity shop for £2.49 :D plus a putter
I just like golf even if i cant play the game :LOL:
oh this is the honest truth................. my last shot was a 20 plus yd putt which broke right ,then left and dropped :cool:
Cheers G"
Yep, 42 sounds slightly ambitious...

user104

Visit site
I don`t get it
On the golfshake handicap calculator (new system max handicap of 54) i enter my score for my 9 hole course (2 laps) after 3 rounds it gives me a handicap of 42 how does this equate when playing a round of golf with some one with a handicap of 4 under the old system ......................or doesn`t it

AdamC28

Visit site
IMO at this stage I wouldn’t worry about playing competitively “against people”.
Just enjoy playing the game with people, learning as you go. You will soon start to bring that handicap down.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it weren't for high handicappers there wouldn't be any golf clubs as nobody would be able to pay the fees. About 50% of players are over 18, why would the bother if they couldn't compete.
Half of the 18+ leave and your subs go from £1000pa to £1300pa. Bar takings go down so the cost of pint goes up so people go to the pub instead so .....

Homer

Visit site
If it weren't for high handicappers there wouldn't be any golf clubs as nobody would be able to pay the fees. About 50% of players are over 18, why would the bother if they couldn't compete.
Half of the 18+ leave and your subs go from £1000pa to £1300pa. Bar takings go down so the cost of pint goes up so people go to the pub instead so .....

....the rest of us can get round quicker?

User20204

Visit site

I wasn't aware this topic was a criticism of high handicappers ? I personally would have no problems playing with the OP nor any other high handicapper, I just wouldn't play them in a match.