Handicap

UtopianAsh

Visit site
personally i don't have an issue with playing with Higher handicaps as long as they know the rules and play the same pace as me no issues, but its not an issue at my club, i think the drawn (silver trophies) comps are seeded, so the lowest go out first, we have a lot of cat 1 golfers and not that many over a 20 handicap, not the men's section anyway.

for a higher handicap wanting to improve its good to play with much lowers players, but i understand why really low guys would'nt want to all the time.

we had a situation a couple of times last year, my mate slow Dave and i filled in at the last minuet in a couple of club matches against other local clubs and and two of the oppo complained about playing against 2 cat1 players, they were both 20 somethings and were not happy and were quite miserable about it, They are only friendly games and i bit of a laugh, we only filled it because they were short as there was something else on that day, so the usual guys couldn't play.

That's a fair way of looking at things.

user104

Visit site
I didn`t think that this thread would cause such a furore , in some of my posts i have trield to be light hearted but maybe i just better leave it be now
Happy Golfing eveyone:)

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I didn`t think that this thread would cause such a furore , in some of my posts i have trield to be light hearted but maybe i just better leave it be now
Happy Golfing eveyone:)

I wouldn't worry about it, this is tame & anyway its often like this when the weather stops folks getting their golf 'fix' on the course. You should try starting a topic on something really controversial like where to stand on the tee-box, or socks if you want to see a real furore