Guess the experiment?

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
I've read somewhere of a new style of golf and scoring,i can't remember all the details but one was to have several holes on one green, each with a different score tariff.There were many other things, i think it was aiming to liven it up a bit along the lines of 20/20 cricket.
Could it be? :D

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
That was on of my thoughts andycap, Jon and myself had so many ideas on the was back Sat.

I reckon you will get a sports psychologist in one group, swing coach in another, nutritionist in another and see who has the most affect on the course or before hand.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
May be one group gets gps, one group gets a local player with a course planner, and one group play judging distance by eye?

May be one group gets ProVs, one gets AD333s and one group gets donnays?

May be they play tall players v shorties?

Who knows? all will be revealed after we play.

Davie

Hacker
Visit site
I've read somewhere of a new style of golf and scoring,i can't remember all the details but one was to have several holes on one green, each with a different score tariff.There were many other things, i think it was aiming to liven it up a bit along the lines of 20/20 cricket.
Could it be? :D

Power Play golf, 2 different pin positions with different scoring for difficulty.

You can read a bit more here:

http://www.playgolfworld.com/news/?p=9

This is opening up just down the road from me.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Maybe we'll all have someone in our group has never swung a golf club before and it's us that has to get them round, the team that gets them round in the least wins. I have no idea!

Looking forward to it though so i'll probly build myself up so much over the next 24 hrs that i'll swing like a loon all day..... nothings changed there then.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
May be one group gets gps, one group gets a local player with a course planner, and one group play judging distance by eye?

May be one group gets ProVs, one gets AD333s and one group gets donnays?

May be they play tall players v shorties?

Maybe rightees together and lefties together. Oh damn. Playing with myself again :D :eek: :eek:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
May be the experimaent is just to prove that high h/cappers lose more balls (or take more shots).

Go out, play, then count up the lost ones.

May be the members at Crowborough aren't losing enough ProVs, so they want us to come along and salt the course with them.

Roll on tomorrow then.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I take it everyone got the email from Jezz just now. Still not letting on much about the experiment however the fact it's a medal is a bit scary.

No breakfast? thats devastating. Steve, shall we stop for a bite on the way?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought that was the plan! Not sure of any eateries down that way, none on the M25 south of the QE (Clackett Wood is too far round). Don't want to stop before the QE as that defeats the object of starting early.

No need for medal to be scary (despite the fact that I haven't played a good one yet) - you just have to finish all the holes regardless (so no hiding the double figures!)

Anyway, it's just what you do on your own.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'll give you a bell this evening and we'll sort out how we'll go about eating.

I'm not bothered about the medal really, it helps my game more often than not as I dont try the 1 in a million shot and play sensible.

Surely we'll have a cafe near by so I can indulge in a full english.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Also planning on stopping for food. Might have to use the POI button on the old sat nav.

Medal is ok. Must be part of the great experiment. At least playing off the yellows means the driver can stay in the bag. Mind you, my 3w was junk on Sunday, after behaving quite well on Saturday.

I guess if I get there at sunrise (would mean leaving at 3, but I don't sleep well anyway), I can have a few hours of practice before you guys get there! It's not like it is cheating, well, not much, anyway.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I really have no idea what you lot are on about :D

Redeyes,

Mike H posted for some volunteers a couple of weeks ago for a round of golf in east sussex for an un-named experiment.

Those that volunteered are tearing up Crowborough beacon golf club tomorrow with no idea as to what the experiment is.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
REd_eyes, 9 of us were invited to volunteer for a GM (not genetically modified) experiment on Wednesday. We don't know any more than that, except it is 18 hole medal play.