Golf trip ideas

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I usually try and book a trip away for a few days during the first 2 weeks of April and was looking for any recommendations for next year

The last 2 previous years we have done Turnberry (Ailsa & Robert the Bruce) then 3 days in St Andrews playing the New Course, Jubilee and Castle.

Last year was Berwick when we played North Berwick, The Glen and Craigielaw.

Had looked in to going to Aberdeen for next year to playing Trump International and Cruden Bay but the price I was quoted was a bit above budget

Any recommendations for anything to look it to that would do a good deal at that time of year? I find most courses are full green fees from 15th April so the couple of weeks before is always usually a good time to go

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Have you considered going abroad? Portugal, Italy, Spain. A three night, four rounds including flights can be £400 £500.
Plus weather can be more predictable, proper tees, greens and dry fairways.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Spoke to a guy at our club today and said Trump Aberdeen is the best course he has EVER played, and he's played a lot.

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I usually go with my father in law. My wife and 3 year old daughter will be coming to so going abroad isn’t really any option unfortunately

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Close House, Northumberland, are offering a deal for two rounds, one night stay that is worth looking at.

I did a Moortown & Alwoodley, Leeds, two round offer this year that was a great deal. Two wonderful courses. Check out the Alwoodley website for that one.

D

Deleted member 21258

Machrihanish Golf Club, Machrihanish Dunes Golf Club and Dunaverty Golf Club in Scotland

Beau Desert, Sandiway and Delamere Forest

Royal Porthcrawl, Pennard and say Southerndown in Wales

D

Deleted Member 1156

Spoke to a guy at our club today and said Trump Aberdeen is the best course he has EVER played, and he's played a lot.

There was a huge forum meet there about 2 or 3 years ago, opinion was very divided.

D

Deleted member 17920

I usually try and book a trip away for a few days during the first 2 weeks of April and was looking for any recommendations for next year

The last 2 previous years we have done Turnberry (Ailsa & Robert the Bruce) then 3 days in St Andrews playing the New Course, Jubilee and Castle.

Last year was Berwick when we played North Berwick, The Glen and Craigielaw.

Had looked in to going to Aberdeen for next year to playing Trump International and Cruden Bay but the price I was quoted was a bit above budget

Any recommendations for anything to look it to that would do a good deal at that time of year? I find most courses are full green fees from 15th April so the couple of weeks before is always usually a good time to go
Trump Aberdeen don’t advertise it till late but normally they do a deal in March and April for around £95 a round.

They won’t give you that deal this far in advance.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
There was a huge forum meet there about 2 or 3 years ago, opinion was very divided.

Absolutely fantastic course, the set up and course layout is simply fantastic although I will admit that I have a natural tendency to favour links courses that have dunes over flat "featureless" links.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Machrihanish Golf Club, Machrihanish Dunes Golf Club and Dunaverty Golf Club in Scotland

Beau Desert, Sandiway and Delamere Forest

Royal Porthcrawl, Pennard and say Southerndown in Wales
A few of us are thinking of going to Machrihanish next spring, it's on my bucket list.(y)

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have went for Murcar Links, Trump International and Cruden Bay

Just need to confirm with trump International that they could offer a reduced green fee with it being the 1st of April which is the date we are planning to play it on