Castles And Golf

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just remembered West Wilts near Warminster

Rather than type them in just search on Warminster on the EH website (there are several)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And if you travel from Stonehenge to Avebury, you pass North Wilts GC too. Decent place to play on a nice day. (A bit behind Tiddy and High Post, but decent enough)
I have very fond memories of N Wilts GC
First time I plated in a competition with my then 8 year old daughter,
NWGC Adult/Junior
She was very proud of her official LGU 43 handicap but a bit miffed when told max for girls was 36.
We were doing pretty well with about 5 holes to play, possible prize thinks I [telling myself to calm down]
At the Par 5 I hit a screamer off the fee, she duffs it 20 yards, I hit a great 3 wood onto the back of the green leaving her a 20 yard putt for a birdie.
She settles over it [remember to putt into the dustbin lid] then straightens up and says 'awe Dad look at those cute little lambs over there in that field'
We didn't win a prize but she went on to captain the England schoolgirls team on her third cap.

D-S

Visit site
I have very fond memories of N Wilts GC
First time I plated in a competition with my then 8 year old daughter,
NWGC Adult/Junior
She was very proud of her official LGU 43 handicap but a bit miffed when told max for girls was 36.
We were doing pretty well with about 5 holes to play, possible prize thinks I [telling myself to calm down]
At the Par 5 I hit a screamer off the fee, she duffs it 20 yards, I hit a great 3 wood onto the back of the green leaving her a 20 yard putt for a birdie.
She settles over it [remember to putt into the dustbin lid] then straightens up and says 'awe Dad look at those cute little lambs over there in that field'
We didn't win a prize but she went on to captain the England schoolgirls team on her third cap.
I was a member there for a couple of years.
An interesting course with more variety than you will find on most, whilst not a classic it’s great fun and, when you think about it, that’s why we play the game.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I was a member there for a couple of years.
An interesting course with more variety than you will find on most, whilst not a classic it’s great fun and, when you think about it, that’s why we play the game.

After I moved away from Wiltshire in 2009, 3 of my old regular 4 ball from Bowood all left there and moved to North Wilts. Yep, Bowood is a better course (arguably) but the appeal of a (much cheaper) Members' Club and no hotel guests slowing up play was too much to ignore. Years on they are pleased they did so. ;)

Reactions: D-S