Golf Random Irritations

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
Going back home to Wales for a holiday and golf with the old man and forgetting all about the different apps and systems.
Why on earth is it not just one ?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Scoring 48 points in a mixed greensomes stableford with the wife and not in the prizes.
Up to now I thought our club was immune to the silly scores that have been reported by others. Now I'm not so sure.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Playing partner moaning on the first tee about having just been cut a shot and which hole he no longer gets a shot on.
I pointed out that it was a medal today and you don't get shots on particular holes, you simply subtract all your shots off your final score.
He did not appear to understand this concept.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Give me strength!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The first hole on my course. It’s only 180 or so yards but it’s a real git as anything short left bounces away into thick rough and is either lost or unplayable. The green is tough to hold as it runs front left to back right with a great big sodding tree on the right.

I’ve only parred it once in 20 or so attempts.

I might as well blob it and walk to the 2nd.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playing partner moaning on the first tee about having just been cut a shot and which hole he no longer gets a shot on.
I pointed out that it was a medal today and you don't get shots on particular holes, you simply subtract all your shots off your final score.
He did not appear to understand this concept.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Give me strength!
Even in Stableford I started to think that way as well. I found it unhelpful to believe I needed to par the tricky blind par 3 3rd simply because I don't get a shot there - now I just take a bogey there and tell myself I need to pick up a par on one of the short par 4s where I do get a shot. Much better mentality I think!

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Having played 20 odd years and never suffered with it, the shanks have started appearing over the last year and it's destroying me. ?