Golf Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Golfers seem to be pretty dumb sometimes..
The TM Tour Response ball, the one with the lime green stripe, is obviously in short supply.
Marketed as a less expensive ball with most of the characteristics of a tour ball...
Last week 2 dozen brand new balls were sold for 95 quid including postage on a certain auction site....a dozen USED balls are about to sell for the best part of 50 quid.
What the actual....is going on in some people's minds?
50 quid for a dozen used balls....
The world, truly, has gone completely insane.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ever wondered why there's a load of people on a golf forum ???
Absolutely. My wife doesn't give a stuff about my golf, what I score, how I play. She will ask in passing but I know not to say more than a short sentence, she is being polite. Coming on the I played today thread is therapeutic, you have to unload it somewhere :LOL:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golfers seem to be pretty dumb sometimes..
The TM Tour Response ball, the one with the lime green stripe, is obviously in short supply.
Marketed as a less expensive ball with most of the characteristics of a tour ball...
Last week 2 dozen brand new balls were sold for 95 quid including postage on a certain auction site....a dozen USED balls are about to sell for the best part of 50 quid.
What the actual....is going on in some people's minds?
50 quid for a dozen used balls....
The world, truly, has gone completely insane.
Wow, really? Is it just the green stripe ones or can I flog the two sleeves of the regular kind I still have in a drawer? ?

oleinone

Visit site
Played a seniors matchplay comp yesterday. My 18 handicap against his 24. He racked up 6 pars and a birdie on an unfamiliar course. He blew up on the two difficult par 5s but otherwise hit almost every fairway and holed out very well. All square on the final hole -up and down for a par and the win. How the hell he's off 24 I don't know.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played a seniors matchplay comp yesterday. My 18 handicap against his 24. He racked up 6 pars and a birdie on an unfamiliar course. He blew up on the two difficult par 5s but otherwise hit almost every fairway and holed out very well. All square on the final hole -up and down for a par and the win. How the hell he's off 24 I don't know.
The fact that the match went to the last suggests the handicaps were right.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another guy on Facebook saying he's got to single figures when he's 9.9. When did people forget how to round up numbers?? 9.9 is 10 and always will be! :LOL: To my mind you can only claim single figures once you get to 9.4!

NearHull

Visit site
Another guy on Facebook saying he's got to single figures when he's 9.9. When did people forget how to round up numbers?? 9.9 is 10 and always will be! :LOL: To my mind you can only claim single figures once you get to 9.4!
Please don’t burst my dream bubble - I got down to 9.9 about six years ago . Stayed there for two whole weeks!

D

Deleted member 3432

9.4 in old money maybe, in new money 9.4 could be playing off 11 or 12....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn’t consider myself single figures until my home course handicap was 9.
Might benefit me in the unlikely event that I get there - my current 13.7 equates to playing handicap of 13 in a comp. So I'd get there quicker by your rules. :LOL: Actually playing off of a single figure is worthy of claiming it though, I think you're right. The chap I saw who was off 9.9 is unlikely to play off 9 unless he plays at an even lower rated course than mine.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Go round Painswick off the yellows in 9 over par and you've played to 13.0

Go round in level par and you've played to 3.3

You need to go round in 5 over to play to 8.7

6 over is 9.8 - debateable whether this is single figures. (6 over par not single figures?) 'fraid so.

Mandofred

Visit site
I've been playing absolutely horribly the last week. Just couldn't face playing on Friday....just knew it would be terrible. Finally calmed down enough to go in this morning and try something that I'd suspected might be the issue. Dropped the left shoulder and made myself turn my shoulders to 90 degrees......bingo. Only hit about 30 balls, but that seemed to be the issue (this time). I might still stink in the morning, but at least I might play decently.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Had to throw out my UA spikeless shoes after todays practice, worn smooth on the heel/ball
They still look great from topside though

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought I was going to trim another 0.1 off the handicap but PCC actually went to -1! Even though we had a torrential downpour with soaking wet greens for the second half of the round.