Golf Random Irritations

sunshine

Visit site
Lots of putts stopped on the edge today without dropping. Bit of overnight rain has slowed it all up a tad.
Oh man, tell me about it. Happened to me 3 times in the monthly medal on Saturday. The first time is ok, the second frustrating, but the third ?

Would have won if two of them had dropped ??

peld

Visit site
played an Open yesterday.
9 pars and 4 bogeys - so +4 for 13 holes. Solid.
2 triples and 3 doubles so +12 for 5 holes. FFS!!!!

sjw

Visit site
played an Open yesterday.
9 pars and 4 bogeys - so +4 for 13 holes. Solid.
2 triples and 3 doubles so +12 for 5 holes. FFS!!!!

I don't wish to indulge in Schadenfreude but it is comforting to hear other people have strings of holes like that. Really thought I was going to play well yesterday having gotten my swing back a little on Saturday. Eleven over through the first four put paid to that thought.

peld

Visit site
I don't wish to indulge in Schadenfreude but it is comforting to hear other people have strings of holes like that. Really thought I was going to play well yesterday having gotten my swing back a little on Saturday. Eleven over through the first four put paid to that thought.
Note it wasnt a blow up - the sh*te holes were spread throughout! (though i did finish double triple)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Birthday this Friday, day booked off for round at West Herts. Already given up hoping for no rain, just hoping there's no thunder & lightning by then at this point. :(

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We all hit into bunkers from time to time...
So often mine seem to end up under the front lip or they've trickled in and are a foot from the back edge...
Or they just clear the bunker but stop 3 inches past the front so I've got no stance.
Don't seem to get a lot of luck with bunkers...:cautious:

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Had a go at the group in front today for not shouting fore or raking any bunkers. I told them they were being completely disrespectful to everyone around them. Sadly I think it’s become time to have a rule where you can rake a footprint and drop you ball back where it was when in a bunker. It’s bad lie after bad lie these days.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Why is it I can pure the 5w (off grass) straight into the wind at the practice range time and time again and yet its at serious risk of slicing on the course in the same conditions :mad:

sjw

Visit site
Having an awful swing on the course, hooking everything and barely getting the ball off the ground, then heading to the range the next day and pumping damn near every ball straight and true.

Honestly makes me hesitant to book more lessons, as I'll turn up, the pro will ask me what's the issue, I'll say I hook everything, and then I won't be able to replicate it!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was really looking forward to being a participant in the club Finals Day this Saturday - a first time ever for me. And sadly my oppo' (a guy I know very well) has just injured himself and now can't play. I'll be defaulted the match & title but that not the point. We were both looking forward to the occasion. Boo ...!

tobybarker

Visit site
Played a friendly match against another local club recently. The old chap I was drawn with putted in a position I can only call side-saddle... Kinda hunched over, Nicklaus style, but facing the line of the putt, with his putter to one side. Hard to describe, but his toes were facing the hole, but he wasn't standing astride the line in a croquet style. Bugged me that I couldn't think of a rule that prevented it. Even worse, he putted quite well

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Having an awful swing on the course, hooking everything and barely getting the ball off the ground, then heading to the range the next day and pumping damn near every ball straight and true.

Honestly makes me hesitant to book more lessons, as I'll turn up, the pro will ask me what's the issue, I'll say I hook everything, and then I won't be able to replicate it!

have a playing lesson with the pro

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played a friendly match against another local club recently. The old chap I was drawn with putted in a position I can only call side-saddle... Kinda hunched over, Nicklaus style, but facing the line of the putt, with his putter to one side. Hard to describe, but his toes were facing the hole, but he wasn't standing astride the line in a croquet style. Bugged me that I couldn't think of a rule that prevented it. Even worse, he putted quite well

Sam Snead used to putt side-saddle.