Golf Random Irritations

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Well....one Sunday he was brilliant. I've never played in the same group as him before, but I asked a bloke who has. It's the wild ones off the tee, that I'd blotted out, that cost him apparently. Now he said it, I remember those. But still, if he could stop those, he could be off 10 no problem. And it's not the monster drives that so impressed me, it was his ability to read putts. He was either very close or obviously had the right line every time.

Think I played with his twin on Saturday, nice bloke played off 20 and could really get a ball out there and had a great putting day & beat my points tally
Same kind of 'deficiency' though, three of the tee too many times and must've donated a handful of balls to the far reaches of the course. Whereas I hit 13 fairways, one first cut and a par 3 green with my 15 driver shots, for no lost ball but couldn't sink a putt all day

Enjoyable day none the less

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Think I played with his twin on Saturday, nice bloke played off 20 and could really get a ball out there and had a great putting day & beat my points tally
Same kind of 'deficiency' though, three of the tee too many times and must've donated a handful of balls to the far reaches of the course. Whereas I hit 13 fairways, one first cut and a par 3 green with my 15 driver shots, for no lost ball but couldn't sink a putt all day

Enjoyable day none the less
We have a number of mid-handicap lads that can get it out there. Trouble is it doesn't always end up in the same post (zip) code. If they could reign it in then the handicap would drop but the message doesn't get through.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
We have a number of mid-handicap lads that can get it out there. Trouble is it doesn't always end up in the same post (zip) code. If they could reign it in then the handicap would drop but the message doesn't get through.

Yeah it must be fun to hit it like that though. We had a chat about hypothetically swapping 'strengths'
I reckoned it'd be easier to correct the 50 yard hook than it would be to add 50yards to length but I could be wrong

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yeah it must be fun to hit it like that though. We had a chat about hypothetically swapping 'strengths'
I reckoned it'd be easier to correct the 50 yard hook than it would be to add 50yards to length but I could be wrong
I think Bob will confirm but the way kids are taught now is to belt it as hard as they can and as far as they can with a repeatable action and dispersion ca be reigned in later. Certainly seems so in our junior academy and the distances some of these kids are getting is impressive, and more than the majority would be in play too. Bloody kids. Wait until they find booze and birds

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Both my phone and my tablet not receiving Club V1 notifications.
I've not changed anything, deleted and reinstalled, checked all the permissions/notifications tabs and nowt.
Only an irritation as I can still see them when I go in the App....but I have to go in the App to see them.
Course status is one that is most useful given the time I usually start if playing solo.
Others I know are still getting them so I'm feeling a bit left out:cry:

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've not changed anything, deleted and reinstalled, checked all the permissions/notifications tabs and nowt.
Only an irritation as I can still see them when I go in the App....but I have to go in the App to see them.
Course status is one that is most useful given the time I usually start if playing solo.
Same here for last few months,not problem in the Summer but definitely an irritation now

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Yes, I'm in same boat too
( android phone user )

sjw

Visit site
Course Closed for a second day
Mine is open, buggies essential only, but I imagine it'll be shut tomorrow because it's hammering it down.

I'm not sure if they've improved the drainage, though, because even though we had about a month's worth of rain across Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning, we got an email on Friday afternoon saying that the course would be open on Saturday. I had a match and lo and behold, it was open, and you honestly wouldn't have had a clue it'd rained that much. I should've posted on the Gladdens the Heart thread really but I'm this far through typing now so it's staying here

EDIT: The SECOND I posted that, I've had an email come through that the course is closed :LOL:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mine is open, buggies essential only, but I imagine it'll be shut tomorrow because it's hammering it down.

I'm not sure if they've improved the drainage, though, because even though we had about a month's worth of rain across Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning, we got an email on Friday afternoon saying that the course would be open on Saturday. I had a match and lo and behold, it was open, and you honestly wouldn't have had a clue it'd rained that much. I should've posted on the Gladdens the Heart thread really but I'm this far through typing now so it's staying here

EDIT: The SECOND I posted that, I've had an email come through that the course is closed :LOL:
We're open with some bunkers GUR. If we are open tomorrow we will be all bunkers GUR