Golf Random Irritations

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
£185 to play Hillside in an Open Comp. next year. It does include breakfast and lunch and a welcome gift.

Open prices are crazy now. Some clubs are so greedy and it will be interesting if this is full, especially The Seniors.

It is more than a £100 cheaper than the visitor fee and with food a bargain!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
£185 to play Hillside in an Open Comp. next year. It does include breakfast and lunch and a welcome gift.

Open prices are crazy now. Some clubs are so greedy and it will be interesting if this is full, especially The Seniors.

Compared to some - Sunningdale etc it is still a decent price but I agree. A bit like the Trilby Tour of old which put prices up and up and became to expensive for what it was

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site

Prices are clearly to keep the riff-raff out, as Basil Fawlty did say.
They are successful in that they keep me away.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a Callaway Apex hybrid 26°. Big fan and I have been thinking about getting a lower lofted one to replace my Ping G25. I'm not fixed on the Apex, the other models are pretty similar and have the same traits, head size, weight in the head. The difference seems to be largely marketing. Anyway, looking on the usual second hand sites and those clubs seem to really struggle with the finish on the heads. Whether the sole, the face, even the top on some, they wear and scratch really badly. It can't be all the owners mistreating them. I'm sure they perform well still but I don't want to look down on something like that. Pick your game up Callaway.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have a Callaway Apex hybrid 26°. Big fan and I have been thinking about getting a lower lofted one to replace my Ping G25. I'm not fixed on the Apex, the other models are pretty similar and have the same traits, head size, weight in the head. The difference seems to be largely marketing. Anyway, looking on the usual second hand sites and those clubs seem to really struggle with the finish on the heads. Whether the sole, the face, even the top on some, they wear and scratch really badly. It can't be all the owners mistreating them. I'm sure they perform well still but I don't want to look down on something like that. Pick your game up Callaway.
I've got a couple of Callaway hybrids (Rogue ST Max OS), had them just over a year, they perform well but they did get scratched very quickly. A bit irritating, but I've forgiven them as they work :)

I bought them from Affordable Golf, just had a look and they are doing a "buy 2 and get £30 off" promotion, they had that offer on when I bought mine last June! £149 on there, so £135 if you buy 2, that's not bad value.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The desperation in the marketing and promotion of the Presidents' Cup. It really does not work on any level. It's the worst thing seen in Montreal since the Canadiens' goal-tending last season.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The desperation in the marketing and promotion of the Presidents' Cup. It really does not work on any level. It's the worst thing seen in Montreal since the Canadiens' goal-tending last season.
The best day for the Americans is the worst day for the event...
Might as well not bother for the rest of the weekend.
Another slaughter and it should be the end of it..