Golf Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of my favourite club / courses to play at is Oakdale in Harrogate. Lovely place. I was due to play an Open there early this year, May time. Slap bang in the middle of biblical rain, it was called off as we were walking down the 5th fairway. The club allowed us to roll forward the tee slot to a time of our choosing. After a lot of hassle, our group, not the club, we were booked in for this Thursday. The day with a met office weather warning over N.Yorkshire :rolleyes: . It's basically a repeat of the day back in May, biblical rain, not showers. Aaarrgghhhhhh.

I should add, the club have been great and are happy for us to pick another day or roll over to one of next years opens. First rate response.

Mandofred

Visit site
One of my favourite club / courses to play at is Oakdale in Harrogate. Lovely place. I was due to play an Open there early this year, May time. Slap bang in the middle of biblical rain, it was called off as we were walking down the 5th fairway. The club allowed us to roll forward the tee slot to a time of our choosing. After a lot of hassle, our group, not the club, we were booked in for this Thursday. The day with a met office weather warning over N.Yorkshire :rolleyes: . It's basically a repeat of the day back in May, biblical rain, not showers. Aaarrgghhhhhh.

I should add, the club have been great and are happy for us to pick another day or roll over to one of next years opens. First rate response.
Saves you the trip though......

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played a friendly pairs matchplay game alongside our weekly roll up stableford comp.

My parter and I were 10 shots better in the stableford (76 to 66) yet still managed to lose the matchplay game by a hole.

How does that happen?