Golf Random Irritations

sjw

Visit site
Yeah there's usually a few target-based games. Or an option of a par 3 course so you get more approach shots to practice. Long game is what I've been looking at lately so I've been playing the proper course as plenty of drives and woods for second shots etc.

Yeah, with the mulligans I just mean the ones I make a total arse of, shanking or topping it say. Or sometimes you hit a good shot but on the screen it hits a branch that you didn't even think was solid or would have any impact, so I mulligan and aim another 10 yards right of it. :LOL:
Yes the trees are super annoying, no idea whether they're going to have an effect or not!

Quite fitting that on the post I say I'm itching to go to the range, I get the "Addicted" forum trophy lol

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Delay on driver heads ordered from Ping, I can't get a delivery update until Monday, which will be two weeks after I ordered. The shop originally told me 3-4 days. :rolleyes:

D-S

Visit site
On the subject of Tavira itself, I agree it’s a lovely town and you are certainly blessed with some great restaurants.

If you still have time, and you haven’t yet tried it, I’d recommend giving Brisa Do Rio a try. Not been for a little while, but we used to go at least once during every trip and never had a bad meal there.
Further to this, we loved Tavira, now we are in Quinta da Lago. Golf is stupidly expensive and rammed with golfing groups.
In Tavira we stayed in a beautiful hotel, converted 15th century convent - very luxurious and with everything else food and drink related there we were really pleasantly surprised at both quality and value. A glass of wine in our hotel was €5.5.
Things are not the same over in the relatively soulless Quinta da Lago, staying in more modern but similar standard hotel, wine is €14 per glass. Not sure why this side of Faro wants to rip us off so much.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Further to this, we loved Tavira, now we are in Quinta da Lago. Golf is stupidly expensive and rammed with golfing groups.
In Tavira we stayed in a beautiful hotel, converted 15th century convent - very luxurious and with everything else food and drink related there we were really pleasantly surprised at both quality and value. A glass of wine in our hotel was €5.5.
Things are not the same over in the relatively soulless Quinta da Lago, staying in more modern but similar standard hotel, wine is €14 per glass. Not sure why this side of Faro wants to rip us off so much.

Which hotel are you in?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Hotel Quinta da Lago.

Haven't stayed there since covid. Used to be really nice.

Restaurants in QdL have always been expensive. Some worse than others.

Julia's is a short drive away, great sunsets and used to be relatively reasonable.

São Gabrielle has a Michelin Star. Was expensive, but worth it last time I was there!

D-S

Visit site
Haven't stayed there since covid. Used to be really nice.

Restaurants in QdL have always been expensive. Some worse than others.

Julia's is a short drive away, great sunsets and used to be relatively reasonable.

São Gabrielle has a Michelin Star. Was expensive, but worth it last time I was there!
It is still nice, however €14 for a glass of house wine is a tad pricey.

D-S

Visit site
Y
Is that in the hotel? It's €7.50 in Julia's according to the online menu 😁
Yes, it is €14 in the pool bar and in the bar by the restaurant. I am stupid enough to have the receipts from yesterday to prove it, although we did stop off at Aldi on our way back from being ripped off for golf at Laranjal today and bought 2 bottles of wine and 8 mini Super Bocks (now in our mini bar) for less than a glass of house red here.

Mandofred

Visit site
Booked in to play the club stableford this morning.....then the car repair place called an hour after I booked it saying they are returning the car this morning....on Tuesday they called to say it would be 2-3 more weeks. So much for golfing. Couldn't leave my wife to look the car over. I'm hardly an expert at looking at car repairs, but she only cares if it has 4 wheels and moves.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Went to the range today to check out my ball speed with driver, and also to try out my new 5 wood which was delivered yesterday.

First part went well, then moved on to check my distances with my hybrids as I've been hitting them a bit further recently.

With 15 minutes left on the session I pulled out the 5 wood. First hit, the head nearly came flying off. Checked the club, and for some daft reason, the head had not been put on tight enough, it was moving around. Stupid me didn't have a wrench in my practice bag. Did think about going into the shop to see if they had one, but figured by the time I got there and got it sorted, the session would be just about over.

Very frustrating.