Golf Random Irritations

D-S

Visit site
So far we’re in Tavira, which I would heartily recommend, it is beautiful and full of good restaurants; as for golf we have played Quinta da Ria and Monte Rei. Off to Quinta da Lago soon. Golf would be acceptable at half the price but cost/service/condition ratios are way out versus other destinations played in the past few years.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
So far we’re in Tavira, which I would heartily recommend, it is beautiful and full of good restaurants; as for golf we have played Quinta da Ria and Monte Rei. Off to Quinta da Lago soon. Golf would be acceptable at half the price but cost/service/condition ratios are way out versus other destinations played in the past few years.

What are you paying?

D-S

Visit site
I think, as it’s a package via cheapest local booker we could find (substantially cheaper than YouGolf etc), it was Euro 690 for Ria and Monte Rei, additional cost for buggy at Quinta da Ria Euro 48.
No one could get us onto a Quinta da Lago course for this week even back in April, we managed to get on via our hotel Laranjal for 178 plus buggy.
Lucky enough to have played in Dom Rep, Majorca, Spain, France & Marrakech (a few times) plus Dubai and Florida in peak golf since lockdown and they were all better value. Nothing against the people or courses just the value.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Trying to practice and getting wet in a sudden downpour. Hung around for 45 minutes for the rain to stop, went back out and then another shower. Think it was the golfing gods telling me I'm crap at chipping and no amount of practice is going to help so don't bother

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I think, as it’s a package via cheapest local booker we could find (substantially cheaper than YouGolf etc), it was Euro 690 for Ria and Monte Rei, additional cost for buggy at Quinta da Ria Euro 48.
No one could get us onto a Quinta da Lago course for this week even back in April, we managed to get on via our hotel Laranjal for 178 plus buggy.
Lucky enough to have played in Dom Rep, Majorca, Spain, France & Marrakech (a few times) plus Dubai and Florida in peak golf since lockdown and they were all better value. Nothing against the people or courses just the value.

I have visited that area of the Algarve many times and played the courses you mention on multiple occasions, but we stopped going there a few years ago when the prices started to rocket. Laranjal used to cost us half that - cracking course but nowhere near worth that green fee.

Fortunately, the Eastern Algarve remains very affordable and has plenty of good courses. That’s our destination of choice these days.

D-S

Visit site
I have visited that area of the Algarve many times and played the courses you mention on multiple occasions, but we stopped going there a few years ago when the prices started to rocket. Laranjal used to cost us half that - cracking course but nowhere near worth that green fee.

Fortunately, the Eastern Algarve remains very affordable and has plenty of good courses. That’s our destination of choice these days.
We’re here for a wedding so need to be in this area for various dos. So we are just playing a bit of golf whilst here. I’m amazed that the courses are so busy but this shows the courses aren’t pricing it wrong but, having not played here for 15 years or so, wouldn’t come back for the golf

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
We’re here for a wedding so need to be in this area for various dos. So we are just playing a bit of golf whilst here. I’m amazed that the courses are so busy but this shows the courses aren’t pricing it wrong but, having not played here for 15 years or so, wouldn’t come back for the golf

On the subject of Tavira itself, I agree it’s a lovely town and you are certainly blessed with some great restaurants.

If you still have time, and you haven’t yet tried it, I’d recommend giving Brisa Do Rio a try. Not been for a little while, but we used to go at least once during every trip and never had a bad meal there.

D-S

Visit site
On the subject of Tavira itself, I agree it’s a lovely town and you are certainly blessed with some great restaurants.

If you still have time, and you haven’t yet tried it, I’d recommend giving Brisa Do Rio a try. Not been for a little while, but we used to go at least once during every trip and never had a bad meal there.
Thanks, we have seen it and will give it a try if we can get in. Booking the better/popular restaurants seems to be essential.

Maccy

Club Champion
Visit site
New one for me, my driver used to be strongest club in the bag and now it's the weakest - I have no idea where it's going to go every time. Need to get a lesson booked I think and see what's going wrong!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thought I’d have the Irish open in the background this morning (from the best course in Europe) whilst I work, but the coverage doesn’t start till 1 on sky.

B2B in meetings from 1230 till late so will see non of it :rolleyes: