Golf Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This is mentioned a lot in relation to live sports coverage, and I’m sure I’ve read/heard somewhere that broadcasters are obliged under Ofcom rules to apologise for any swearing overheard during live broadcasts. Failure to do so can result in a very hefty fine.

And I also understand that any “watershed” rules don’t apply to live broadcasts.
Is the correct answer.....

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Club Championship (today and - hopefully - tomorrow) has clashed with days 2 and 3 of The Curtis Cup. Of course I could make a total rollocks of my round today and not make the cut for tomorrow…🤔

Skytot

Visit site
We’ve got a Greenkeepers revenge team event on a Saturday comp day. Not many Saturdays left in the golf season and in my opinion we are wasting a Saturday with this gimmicky team event .

Reactions: sjw

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Minor irritation here....
Yesterday, for our Club Champs 1st round, the greens were pretty damn slick..they'd been cut and rolled twice....
Today...they just cut them...no rolling
It's a good job I got to the Club early as I had to relearn the pace.

NearHull

Visit site
Minor irritation here....
Yesterday, for our Club Champs 1st round, the greens were pretty damn slick..they'd been cut and rolled twice....
Today...they just cut them...no rolling
It's a good job I got to the Club early as I had to relearn the pace.
I think it’s not advisable to roll too often - compacts the green?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We’ve got a Greenkeepers revenge team event on a Saturday comp day. Not many Saturdays left in the golf season and in my opinion we are wasting a Saturday with this gimmicky team event .
We have one but it is always a Friday so I don't mind losing the course for that. I'd also be annoyed if I missed a golfing day as a 7 day member who struggles to play much in the week

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
That I just cannot seem to keep it together at the moment. Played on Saturday with my usual PP and had 5 birdies, which in itself is a rare occurrence. But thanks to a mid round brain fart and going double, double, double on 11, 12 and 13 it meant that I STILL finished over par.

I start off playing ok, seem to be holding it but then something invariably goes boobies up. It's never the same thing either. This time it was my short game around the green that went (after starting really well) but putting was fine, last week it was putting went awry and chipping was fine.

It is incredibly frustrating, nay irritating.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That I just cannot seem to keep it together at the moment. Played on Saturday with my usual PP and had 5 birdies, which in itself is a rare occurrence. But thanks to a mid round brain fart and going double, double, double on 11, 12 and 13 it meant that I STILL finished over par.

I start off playing ok, seem to be holding it but then something invariably goes boobies up. It's never the same thing either. This time it was my short game around the green that went (after starting really well) but putting was fine, last week it was putting went awry and chipping was fine.

It is incredibly frustrating, nay irritating.
Yep. Playing 16 holes really well and chucking two road crash holes onto the card. Can't stop doing it at the moment

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had my best score in over a year yesterday - Score Diff was 7 better than the one it displaced from my best eight. Was hoping for reasonable reduction but HI only went down 0.2. Grrr. (Something to do with soft cap, but still ...)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
H4H rain yesterday. FJ waterproofs didn't make it and soaked down to my boxers so glad we were getting changed for dinner and could put dry stuff on. Waterproof socks did well but everything still wet and struggling to get it dry for a club match tomorrow