Golf Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
H4H rain yesterday. FJ waterproofs didn't make it and soaked down to my boxers so glad we were getting changed for dinner and could put dry stuff on. Waterproof socks did well but everything still wet and struggling to get it dry for a club match tomorrow
If they didn't work, I wouldn't bother drying out the FJ 'waterproofs ' 😄. Discounts to be had soon though for waterproofs, end of season and all that.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can't throw out waterproofs based on what we had yesterday. They didn't stand a chance 😂
I wasn't there but it sounds like a pretty decent test of their worth 😄. Everyone there now knows if their gear works or not. The difference between showerproof and waterproof 🤷🏻‍♂️

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wasn't there but it sounds like a pretty decent test of their worth 😄. Everyone there now knows if their gear works or not. The difference between showerproof and waterproof 🤷🏻‍♂️
I've said it before, but I don't think they've invented the gear yet that could have coped with yesterday. Like having 500 buckets of water thrown directly at you. My Ecco Bioms have never let me down before, but I quite literally poured water out of them at the end.

Reactions: sjw

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Top half was bone dry thanks to my FJ Hydroknit....best waterproof I've ever had.
That's what I was wearing as well, but my shirt was very much not dry at the end. In fact it's still sat on the floor at home being not dry right now I should think. Then again you said you walked off just before the end didn't you? That last thunderstorm is what finished off my gear and did the damage I think. My certainly lasted about 15 holes before giving up the ghost.

sjw

Visit site
That's what I was wearing as well, but my shirt was very much not dry at the end. In fact it's still sat on the floor at home being not dry right now I should think. Then again you said you walked off just before the end didn't you? That last thunderstorm is what finished off my gear and did the damage I think. My certainly lasted about 15 holes before giving up the ghost.
I was at the same point. I think about 15 holes in was when my (non-golf-specific) North Face jacket got completely overwhelmed. I'd been bone dry (top half) up to that point and then it all just kind of gave up at once. My shoes (Ecco Biom C4) were wet by about hole 17, I think. They're drying out well, though. Wiped them down and stuffed them with kitchen roll

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
That's a case of knowing when enough is enough :cool: ;)

sjw

Visit site
I agree, I just didn't know we were going to be dealing with that scale when I packed the day before. 😄
Yup. How it was when we started was what I expected throughout, and I was dreading that. What we got for the last 2.5 hours was another level of joke.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
1st round club championship. 3rd shot to 1st hole out comes the rangefinder - to discover the battery was flat. Consternation in the mind of SILH ensues. After all these many years eschewing the use of any range-giving tech there was I in the middle of the fairway…confused, irritated and lost as to what to do. Just the state of mind I needed. Eventually sorted out what to do…but still got a bit irritated every time I had a shot I’d have used it on - and inevitably completely mucked up the round.

Anyway…got new battery and now also carry a spare. Sorted.

…we’ll not quite…we’ll not always…Thursday West Surrey my dear rangefinder was utterly useless in the rain. Ach well…at least this time I didn’t feel irritated and confused - still mucked up the round 👍

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don’t just have one grip/set-up, I find what works for me will come and go in waves/cycles. i.e the grip I used on my irons to good effect a couple of weeks ago, consistently produced a hard draw this weekend, so I needed to completely change right hand grip yesterday during warm up in order to hit them straight again

I know this’ll work for weeks (maybe couple of months) before I unconsciously change something else that’ll screw with the face angle and it’ll start all over again :(

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
1st round club championship. 3rd shot to 1st hole out comes the rangefinder - to discover the battery was flat. Consternation in the mind of SILH ensues. After all these many years eschewing the use of any range-giving tech there was I in the middle of the fairway…confused, irritated and lost as to what to do. Just the state of mind I needed. Eventually sorted out what to do…but still got a bit irritated every time I had a shot I’d have used it on - and inevitably completely mucked up the round.

Anyway…got new battery and now also carry a spare. Sorted.

…we’ll not quite…we’ll not always…Thursday West Surrey my dear rangefinder was utterly useless in the rain. Ach well…at least this time I didn’t feel irritated and confused - still mucked up the round 👍
I had that with my Bushnell having a flat battery at my home course. Given how many years I've played it I should know most yardages but still a reminder how reliant we become. As it turned out my eye distance guesses weren't too bad