Golf Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine is open, buggies essential only, but I imagine it'll be shut tomorrow because it's hammering it down.

I'm not sure if they've improved the drainage, though, because even though we had about a month's worth of rain across Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning, we got an email on Friday afternoon saying that the course would be open on Saturday. I had a match and lo and behold, it was open, and you honestly wouldn't have had a clue it'd rained that much. I should've posted on the Gladdens the Heart thread really but I'm this far through typing now so it's staying here

EDIT: The SECOND I posted that, I've had an email come through that the course is closed :LOL:

Our is closed today but only because the pga have come back for another tournament

Main gripe is I'm finding out through my pro on a lesson a month before and the club emailed out a couple of days before even though they knew about it

Poor

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've just bought a Sunderland jacket. Went for them because of the lifetime warranty.
But after getting it, I see that the lifetime warranty only applies to the waterproofness - not the zips!
Yeah, unfortunately not. Like LT said, still worth an email. The zip itself is fine. It’s the dangly thing off the zipper that’s broken.

However, the jacket itself is quality. Had it 2 years and worn it in some very wet weather and it’s always kept me dry. Brilliant piece of kit for not much over £100.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Yeah, unfortunately not. Like LT said, still worth an email. The zip itself is fine. It’s the dangly thing off the zipper that’s broken.
You mean the toggle that you grab to pull the zip up & down?
My Sunderland jacket is at the club so I can't check it right now, but assuming it's a normal type of zip, you can just thread something through to create a new toggle, such as a piece of cord.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You mean the toggle that you grab to pull the zip up & down?
My Sunderland jacket is at the club so I can't check it right now, but assuming it's a normal type of zip, you can just thread something through to create a new toggle, such as a piece of cord.
Yeah the toggle - but only part of it. The pin has stayed in, which I presume is what’s locking it in place. And preventing me doing as you’ve advised.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
From things golf things that gladden the heart to a random irritation ( well much stronger than that

IMG_8665.jpeg

Some complete 🛎️end has decided to have a little walk down the new path that’s not fully set yet and roped off

What is it with some complete clowns 🤡 🤬🤬🤬

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
4 over in todays medal with two doubles on the front nine. One caused by losing my ball up a tree on a par 4 and having to go back to the tee to play another ball. The other on a par 3 after getting out of position and then being too aggressive on my third shot (an holeable chip) and leaving the ball above the hole on a tricky slope. Out in 5 over and back in 1 under. 🤬. Came 4th and out of the money placings.