Golf Random Irritations

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think Bob will confirm but the way kids are taught now is to belt it as hard as they can and as far as they can with a repeatable action and dispersion ca be reigned in later. Certainly seems so in our junior academy and the distances some of these kids are getting is impressive, and more than the majority would be in play too. Bloody kids. Wait until they find booze and birds
These youngsters have no scar tissue from multiple disappointments on the golf course. I played Saturday and there was a young lad playing the adjacent hole, which is a par 5 - he hit driver off the tee & driver off the deck with not a care in the world & was greenside. Damn their youth!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
These youngsters have no scar tissue from multiple disappointments on the golf course. I played Saturday and there was a young lad playing the adjacent hole, which is a par 5 - he hit driver off the tee & driver off the deck with not a care in the world & was greenside. Damn their youth!!
You wait until the 4 putts start and then the duffed chips, thinned bunker shots, shanked irons and out of bound drives. Or am I a lost soul

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
20241001_165020.jpg

The idiots who decided to drive their buggy and the slightly lesser-spotted idiots who took their trolleys over the temporary green cut on one of our holes today. The course was closed yesterday and we have had no visitors or societies today. So these were members. You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a Sunderland waterproof jacket, which is really good. Occasionally wear it to walk the dog when raining. Put it on last night to take him for a walk. Kept me lovely and dry. Taking it off, part of the zip came off in my hand. Due to the waterproof zip/seam it locked in place. I had to wait until my wife got back to help me take it off 😂. Even more annoying is that I can’t figure out how to replace the zip, which remained locked in place, meaning a new jacket is required for winter.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
View attachment 55213

The idiots who decided to drive their buggy and the slightly lesser-spotted idiots who took their trolleys over the temporary green cut on one of our holes today. The course was closed yesterday and we have had no visitors or societies today. So these were members. You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.
Could they not put rope at the front of the temp green?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a Sunderland waterproof jacket, which is really good. Occasionally wear it to walk the dog when raining. Put it on last night to take him for a walk. Kept me lovely and dry. Taking it off, part of the zip came off in my hand. Due to the waterproof zip/seam it locked in place. I had to wait until my wife got back to help me take it off 😂. Even more annoying is that I can’t figure out how to replace the zip, which remained locked in place, meaning a new jacket is required for winter.
Is it worth contacting Sunderland to see if they do repairs? Could be cheaper than a new jacket, particularly as the current one is still doing its job, keeping you dry. Worth an email.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I've just bought a Sunderland jacket. Went for them because of the lifetime warranty.
But after getting it, I see that the lifetime warranty only applies to the waterproofness - not the zips!