Golf Random Irritations

3 jabber

Visit site
Just found an old quote from Titleist for the driver - £315 and a fairway - £200. It’s from Sep 2015.

The current price is £579 and £349 respectively. Surely it’s not sustainable and at some point only a few will be buying new clubs?
The manufacturers will charge whatever people are prepared to pay. If we refuse to buy the prices will come down.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Played in a 2 man scramble yesterday. Doing Ok as a pair.
Get to 16th hole - long par 4 into a very strong wind - i duff my drive 30 yards into some long grass. Partner misses the fairway by about 10 yards with his drive. Pick my ball up but then couldn't find his ball despite seeing it land, and bounce :mad:
He has to go back and re-hit his drive and we then struggle to make an 8!!
Ruined our score and ended up level par (net). 66 won so might have sneaked in the top 5 but for that hole :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just found an old quote from Titleist for the driver - £315 and a fairway - £200. It’s from Sep 2015.

The current price is £579 and £349 respectively. Surely it’s not sustainable and at some point only a few will be buying new clubs?

Means some great bargains when they punt their old ones.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Not so much an irritation but more of a WTF moment.

Played in the medal today with two folk I'd never played with before. One was a 19 handicapper, the other a young lad about 15yo who was playing off 3. The young lad was practicing his putting with his dad ahead of playing.

His dad had to leave the club (I think he was just there on "taxi duties") and as he left he turned to his three handicap son and asked..."are you sure that you've got enough balls" ?:oops:

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
Not so much an irritation but more of a WTF moment.

Played in the medal today with two folk I'd never played with before. One was a 19 handicapper, the other a young lad about 15yo who was playing off 3. The young lad was practicing his putting with his dad ahead of playing.

His dad had to leave the club (I think he was just there on "taxi duties") and as he left he turned to his three handicap son and asked..."are you sure that you've got enough balls" ?:oops:
Wasn’t leaving to go run his motivation training seminar was he

sunshine

Visit site

£315 was fairly cheap for a new titleist driver in 2015. It must have been end of season when they were bringing in the newer models.

The 910 was £350 new and that was 5 years earlier.

If you assume 5% inflation on your £315, today that is £489, that’s probably what you can get for a current driver before they replace it? I don’t know, I’m happy with current set up and haven’t looked at prices for several years.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
£315 was fairly cheap for a new titleist driver in 2015. It must have been end of season when they were bringing in the newer models.

The 910 was £350 new and that was 5 years earlier.
That was for 915, which was still the current model, the 917 was released a year later (2016).

Found more “datapoints”. Ping g30 driver in 2015 was £259, g30 hybrid - £159 and g30 wood - £189. A 4-PW set of Titleist AP2s - £679.

🥲

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
So it’s looks like it’s going to cost us around £5-6k to repair the damage to the new path caused by two people and trolleys

It’s been narrowed down potentially to

A society or two fourballs of reciprocals

Communication going to all those concerned to see if anyone wants to put their hand up

It’s still staggering that two people were that stupid to be walking up and down it with their trolleys

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So it’s looks like it’s going to cost us around £5-6k to repair the damage to the new path caused by two people and trolleys

Communication going to all those concerned to see if anyone wants to put their hand up

It’s still staggering that two people were that stupid to be walking up and down it with their trolleys
Was it clearly signposted to not walk on?

sunshine

Visit site
Junior open at my course yesterday, apparently a strong field with some players around scratch or better.

I went out later, never seen so many unrepaired pitch marks on the greens. Shocking.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Was it clearly signposted to not walk on?
I don't think it was signposted but it was roped off with red and white tape completely across the path, it would have been very obvious to anyone with any sense it was closed, the issue might have been that they might not have then known how to then get to the next tee.

The main problem is, the second they would have stepped on it, their feet would have sunk into the path, alarm bells should have rung then, but alas they carried on....

The problem with commonsense, is that it's not very common.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I don't think it was signposted but it was roped off with red and white tape completely across the path, it would have been very obvious to anyone with any sense it was closed, the issue might have been that they might not have then known how to then get to the next tee.

The main problem is, the second they would have stepped on it, their feet would have sunk into the path, alarm bells should have rung then, but alas they carried on....

There were multiple signs directing people from the 15th green to the 16th tee going around the back 13th tee and then down the path to in front of the 12th green - there was no way to get down the path unless you went under the ropes and tape

But they didn’t do that - they walked to the tee the right way and then when they got there decided to go under the tape and rope and have a walk up to the top tee and back again

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I agree that marker tape should be fairly apparent. You don't see police tape and think I'll just walk down and see whats going on! Sadly unless it is there in writing as well people won't do the sensible/right thing. These idiots probably thought the wet weather made it so soft

sunshine

Visit site

Easy to identify them. They will be the guys with an inch of resin path glued to the soles of their golf shoes

• Haha
Reactions: sjw

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
There were multiple signs directing people from the 15th green to the 16th tee going around the back 13th tee and then down the path to in front of the 12th green - there was no way to get down the path unless you went under the ropes and tape

But they didn’t do that - they walked to the tee the right way and then when they got there decided to go under the tape and rope and have a walk up to the top tee and back again
Ah, I will confess I didn't see the signage but then again, I didn't look for it as I knew we had to take the route you mentioned. Thankfully at least they followed the diversion otherwise it would have been even more of an expensive fix!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The link at the top of the golf forum page that shows Amazon prime deals. None of the links ( which are in dollars) correspond to anything like advertised.