Golf Random Irritations

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Let's say 4x 20 handicappers, each player gets 17 shots. You've got to back 1 player out of 4 to make a par on every hole for 3 points. I don't play this type of competition very often, but I'd be targeting high 80s off 85% hc and 90+ off full hc.

Also I'm assuming it was 85% of playing handicap and not index.
We played in one last week off full handicaps, the top three scores were 87, 89 and 90 points. Fair result we thought.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Internet problem at the club this morning so the PSI terminals couldn't connect and were useless..
Never mind says I.....we can sign in via the ClubV1 app on out phones....
CVG managed it but when I tried I kept getting thrown out....
OK, CVG puts his card in, I mark and just knock it around......
Just had a look at the app on my phone and the location button had been disabled....well I didn't do it....
The most annoying thing is that at no time did a prompt appear saying We need access to your location..please enable Location in your App...
Every other app or website ever made asks repeatedly for access to everything....except ClubV1.... :rolleyes:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No, sorry I said in past
So that was pre whs
Unsure what % was then.

But you've got to remember
There's 4 chances on each hole, I'd expect 5pts per hole, is very possible for some, even with 85%
maybe it's the guys I play with (who are all around the 20 mark), but I'd say our normal 4 ball has one net birdie more like every other hole.

saying that, we had a 7 point hole yesterday :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went for a bit of putting practise earlier, and the practise green was absolutely covered with flying ants! Very off-putting. I lasted about 15 minutes and then knocked it on the head. Horrible things.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Went for a bit of putting practise earlier, and the practise green was absolutely covered with flying ants! Very off-putting. I lasted about 15 minutes and then knocked it on the head. Horrible things.
We had that and to add to my irritation the pro was holding a ladies putting lesson and took over the whole green cutting the practice short

stevieb15

Hacker
Visit site
Really? They are that slow?
Mine is the same and it’s accepted…played a friendly 4 ball yesterday afternoon which took 4:26, which I commented upon but the response was 4:26 is ok.
If you can’t play a 2 ball in 3, a 3 in 3:30 and a 4 in 4, you need to buck your ideas up.
I’ve given up playing medals because 3 balls are taking 4:30 plus.

Mandofred

Visit site
Mine is the same and it’s accepted…played a friendly 4 ball yesterday afternoon which took 4:26, which I commented upon but the response was 4:26 is ok.
If you can’t play a 2 ball in 3, a 3 in 3:30 and a 4 in 4, you need to buck your ideas up.
I’ve given up playing medals because 3 balls are taking 4:30 plus.
Luckily not where I play. If this was the normal.....I'd be done with golf.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our course was covered in herring gulls. Not many flying ants left. On my way home from the course and if I hadn’t have come to a complete stop a couple of times (nobody behind me) I reckon I could have killed at least 4 gulls. They are a pain in a seaside town but they don’t deserve to become roadkill.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I reckon I'd be reduced to about 7 18 hole rounds a year. Certainly not enough to justify a membership anywhere.

Sorry I may have worded it badly - I was in agreement and was saying that if 4:30 was the norm then I'd probably only be able to play a full 18 holes a handful of times a year due to time constraints.

With a young family my golf tends to be very early morning or evening rounds so I usually get round 18 in about 2hrs solo or 2:30 as a pair.

In the summer I try and book about 7 or 8 opens for which I'll block the day out and not worry about round length. These do often run well into the 4hr window.