Golf Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 29109

I thought these roll ups were supposed to be welcoming of new folk?

As a member I’d be rather annoyed if I couldn’t get a tee time because they were pre booked by little cliques.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

As a member I’d be rather annoyed if I couldn’t get a tee time because they were pre booked by little cliques.
First of all it’s not a roll up in the sense it’s for anyone. and like I say it don’t bother me. It’s not a clique either. If you cannot get enough tee times for everyone how can you welcome even more into the group.
Me. I book a tee time every Tuesday and Thursday. Those times suit me around taking kids to Skool etc. if anyone else gets in the fuddle great.
My irritation is members of the fuddle who expect regular tee times but don’t book and a club who wants to integrate players when there is no room at the inn.

Mandofred

Visit site

There are already so many slots taken with pre-booked stuff. I just took a quick look at the next week for us. I'm already blocked from lots of time on the course by things that the golf course wants.....what's another 30 min because of another rollup? Anybody else have this much (or more) blocked?

Sunday- early morning rollup 20 minutes
20 min Society
10 min Reciprocal
20 min Golf day for somebody
20 min Reciprocal
11:30-3pm NERGA
10 golf now
Monday 40 min Society
30 min golf now
Tuesday 8:50-10:30 Ladies
30 min Golf now
Wednesday 9-10 rollup
20 min Society
11:20-12:40 Ladies comp
20 min Golf now
Thursday Nothing until 2:40 Seniors pairs open
Friday- Nothing until 1:30 Ladies AM AM
Saturday- Nothing until 2:40 Gents summer pairs open

Last edited:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There are already so many slots taken with pre-booked stuff. I just took a quick look at the next week for us. I'm already blocked from lots of time on the course by things that the golf course wants.....what's another 30 min because of another rollup? Anybody else have this much (or more) blocked?

20 min Society
10 min Reciprocal
20 min Reciprocal
10 golf now
Monday 40 min Society
30 min golf now
30 min Golf now
Wednesday 9-10 rollup
20 min Society
20 min Golf now
You can’t really count the Golf Now bookings as they are just filling unbooked slots- if club members had wanted these times they would have booked them.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

20 min Society
10 min Reciprocal
20 min Reciprocal
10 golf now
Monday 40 min Society
30 min golf now
30 min Golf now
Wednesday 9-10 rollup
20 min Society
20 min Golf now

Lots of times booked ?

Seems like there is plenty of tee times available

Only day that seems bad is Sunday

No idea what Nerga is but we wouldn’t ever have societies on a Sunday or reciprocals

And why does a “20min roll up” have tee times set aside - seems a bit of a waste of time

PaulMdj

Visit site
Lots of times booked ?

Seems like there is plenty of tee times available

Only day that seems bad is Sunday

No idea what Nerga is but we wouldn’t ever have societies on a Sunday or reciprocals

And why does a “20min roll up” have tee times set aside - seems a bit of a waste of time
NERGA is North East Rabbits Golf Assiciation, roughly 7 teams in a league (believe there are 4 leagues) each Club only hosts 1 event. Great money earner for the Clubs, anywhere up to 60-70 Golfers paying reduced green fees, but majority using Clubhouse before and after.

3 Leagues up here:
Scratch
Inters - Handicaps 8-15
Rabbits - Handicaps 16-28

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
NERGA is North East Rabbits Golf Assiciation, roughly 7 teams in a league (believe there are 4 leagues) each Club only hosts 1 event. Great money earner for the Clubs, anywhere up to 60-70 Golfers paying reduced green fees, but majority using Clubhouse before and after.

3 Leagues up here:
Scratch
Inters - Handicaps 8-15
Rabbits - Handicaps 16-28
ah right - we have just club matches for that but it’s normally just 6 matches

PaulMdj

Visit site
ah right - we have just club matches for that but it’s normally just 6 matches
Club matches are the Scratch teams playing normally on a tues/weds night and is matchplay.

The Rabbits league has been going about 4-5 years and is Stableford Comp with top 7 scores from each team added together.

Inters has only been going 2 years and is again Stableford with best 7 scores out of team of 8 counting.

Both are very popular leagues and going from strength to strength to be fair.

IMG_6558.jpeg

Mandofred

Visit site
You can’t really count the Golf Now bookings as they are just filling unbooked slots- if club members had wanted these times they would have booked them.
I kind of agree, but if they book a week+ out....doesn't that then take away the members choice if they don't want to plan WAY in advance? I'm one of those people who don't like planning years in advance of when I want to play. I'm actually not complaining about Golf Now tee times....they are minimal in the grand scheme of things. I'm not thrilled with the course basically being closed this Friday/Saturday/Sunday though. I'm actually thinking about rejoining my last club (member at 2 clubs again).....gives me another choice a couple times a week if one of the other clubs is booked up....the old club had a small but usable practice area which I really miss. I don't really enjoy playing comps on the weekends, so that would allow me to go back to my old Mon/Fri at the old club and Wed/Thurs at my current club.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I kind of agree, but if they book a week+ out....doesn't that then take away the members choice if they don't want to plan WAY in advance? I'm one of those people who don't like planning years in advance of when I want to play. I'm actually not complaining about Golf Now tee times....they are minimal in the grand scheme of things. I'm not thrilled with the course basically being closed this Friday/Saturday/Sunday though. I'm actually thinking about rejoining my last club (member at 2 clubs again).....gives me another choice a couple times a week if one of the other clubs is booked up....the old club had a small but usable practice area which I really miss. I don't really enjoy playing comps on the weekends, so that would allow me to go back to my old Mon/Fri at the old club and Wed/Thurs at my current club.
Can members play in the Opens

Mandofred

Visit site
Can members play in the Opens
I don't know. I think at my last club you couldn't....not sure about the current club. (a minute passes by while I look at next Sat). I didn't see any names I easily recognised for the pairs Open next Sat, so probably not. I don't enjoy those kind of things....so I stay away.

sjw

Visit site
My entire game is an irritation at the moment, every round seems to follow the same pattern. I'm slowly starting to piece together where it's going wrong, but fixing that is a bigger problem.

Mandofred

Visit site
Well, tried to rejoin my old club (member elsewhere as well) this morning....failure for me. I figured since I had missed this much of the year they would knock a little off the full price....nope. My current club pro-rated....I guess I just figured everybody would.

Mandofred

Visit site
Sounds very narrow minded given your previous membership
I'm just assuming they aren't having any issue getting plenty of members so they can be picky. After thinking about it more today, I'll probably pass on joining even if they knock a little money off. Mgr said something about maybe a £100 off next month or Sept....but in another 3-4 months the course will be a mud pit and unplayable again.