Golf Random Irritations

PaulMdj

Visit site
If anything this proves that they were playing badly. 😄
Tbh, if we’d of played on the first agreed date they’d of probably beaten us, because of their “antics” me and my partner were wound up and really up for this game, both of us have been practising the last 10 days.😇

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Scottish Open is at North Berwick according to BBC.
Strange that as it lies at Archerfield between the villages of Dirleton and Gullane.
Three and a half miles from North Berwick

What next Carnoustie is at Dundee

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Scottish Open is at North Berwick according to BBC.
Strange that as it lies at Archerfield between the villages of Dirleton and Gullane.
Three and a half miles from North Berwick

What next Carnoustie is at Dundee
But is not the address of the Renaissance simply Cowden Hill Drive, North Berwick? With no reference to any other 'settlements'. I'd assume that if it's good enough for the club itself, then the BBC aren't far wrong.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Playing today with 2 mates in the Captains Card we caught up to 3 visitors on the bag 9, 1 carrying, 1 with a motocaddy trolley and one with a push trolley.

We got to the green on our 13th as they had just teed off and were walking up the 14th fairway, 2 were now carrying and the guy with the motocaddy was carrying the push trolley, halfway up the fairway we saw one of the guys carrying walk over to the guy with the trolley, take it off him, walk over to the trees and bushes on the side of the fairway and chuck it in the bushes!

We shouted for him to pick it up, but either we were ignored or they didn’t hear us.

So, as we walked up the 14th I went into the bushes and dragged the trolley out, yes it was broken, but so what. When we reached the 14th green they had teed off on 15 and unlucky for them it goes acroos the back of the 14th green, I shouted to the guy who I’d witnessed chucking it away to come and collect his trolley, to which the reply was “it’s not mine” I politely told him I didn’t care, but as he’d chucked it in the bushes, it was his to sort out.

He then comes up and states he didn’t know what to do with it and the bushes are out the way!😂😂

I politely informed him he could put it next to the bin on the next tee or take it back to the clubhouse were there are large bins and said we really didn’t appreciatte him just dumping it on the course.🤬 Scruffy…

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I politely informed him he could put it next to the bin on the next tee or take it back to the clubhouse were there are large bins and said we really didn’t appreciatte him just dumping it on the course.🤬 Scruffy…

Meanwhile, on another website, someone is moaning about the stuffy golf club they played today, where they were shouted out for removing a broken trolley from the fairway 🤣🤣🤣

PaulMdj

Visit site
Meanwhile, on another website, someone is moaning about the stuffy golf club they played today, where they were shouted out for removing a broken trolley from the fairway 🤣🤣🤣
Good, won’t be ours though as we are as down to earth welcoming as they come.🤪

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Probably not an irritation but I played in a charity Texas scramble today where I was one of the big hitters a few years back but one of our team was dinking the ball in excess of 300 yards with the driver - the joys of getting old !!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played in a three ball in our fuddle yesterday, one of the lads was bogged off. The pro at our place collared him and asked if a new player could play in our fuddle. Apparently he has been having lessons but no indication of handicap etc. I didn’t know this but there are 34 names down in our fuddle. On average we get around 16-24 lads turn up Every Tuesday and Thursday, 52 weeks of the year. We have asked the club if we could have regular slots like the seniors and ladies. It has been a firm no. I kinda understand that, but then the club asks again to send a guy with us. The Two times previously, one hacked his way around the course with one of our club team scratch players. He was not impressed with the club. The second one cleaned up in the fuddle and then went his own way. Suffice to say previous experiences of integrating players has not gone down well.
A few of the lads are adamant we cannot take anymore on in the fuddle because of numbers. Some are bogged off that they see the club won’t help us with tee times. Me I just think the club should have a better way of integrating new golfers into the club but also into golf. If that means playing the par three course at ours, before going onto 18 whatever. I do know it has left a bad taste in some guys mouths.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
But is not the address of the Renaissance simply Cowden Hill Drive, North Berwick? With no reference to any other 'settlements'. I'd assume that if it's good enough for the club itself, then the BBC aren't far wrong.
Shades of Hyacinth Bucket. :rolleyes:

I believe the Paisley postal code covers most of the Inner Hebrides

Last edited:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played in a three ball in our fuddle yesterday, one of the lads was bogged off. The pro at our place collared him and asked if a new player could play in our fuddle. Apparently he has been having lessons but no indication of handicap etc. I didn’t know this but there are 34 names down in our fuddle. On average we get around 16-24 lads turn up Every Tuesday and Thursday, 52 weeks of the year. We have asked the club if we could have regular slots like the seniors and ladies. It has been a firm no. I kinda understand that, but then the club asks again to send a guy with us. The Two times previously, one hacked his way around the course with one of our club team scratch players. He was not impressed with the club. The second one cleaned up in the fuddle and then went his own way. Suffice to say previous experiences of integrating players has not gone down well.
A few of the lads are adamant we cannot take anymore on in the fuddle because of numbers. Some are bogged off that they see the club won’t help us with tee times. Me I just think the club should have a better way of integrating new golfers into the club but also into golf. If that means playing the par three course at ours, before going onto 18 whatever. I do know it has left a bad taste in some guys mouths.
Can you get it raised at the AGM? We had a similar situation where an individual didn’t want the winter groups to have set tee times on a Saturday morning (previous argument with one of the organisers) so raised a motion at the AGM . He didn’t get much support as the 2 groups are well supported and do a lot for the club with charity event and helping out at other events.
And put a fair bit of money over the bar during the winter 🤪

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Can you get it raised at the AGM? We had a similar situation where an individual didn’t want the winter groups to have set tee times on a Saturday morning (previous argument with one of the organisers) so raised a motion at the AGM . He didn’t get much support as the 2 groups are well supported and do a lot for the club with charity event and helping out at other events.
And put a fair bit of money over the bar during the winter 🤪
To be honest, I am not bothered one bit. Others are. When we were talking about it I mentioned that some of the fuddle members every sat and Mon night are sat on there laptops waiting for 7.30 pm so they can book golf. Others don’t care one bit . They then go on the WhatsApp group later and say can someone put me in.😳 They cannot be bothered to book tee times but would like regular tee times 🤔
There a good set of lads but a couple will moan if the sun goes behind a cloud.