Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Greens Maintenance week......
I know it needs to be done and I know it will make the greens better......
Still a bloody irritation when they're doing it.......fantastically well by the way...
Still irritating
Similar irritation for me. Just went through the process of arranging our next foursomes match, agreed upon Saturday 10th. Then they announce that green maintenance week is the week leading up to that. So god knows what they'll look like for our match. 🤦‍♂️

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Greens Maintenance week......
I know it needs to be done and I know it will make the greens better......
Still a bloody irritation when they're doing it.......fantastically well by the way...
Still irritating

You lucky lucky (life of brian)
At home club they're changing the type of grass on the greens (they want it to be same as fairways) and its been a month already and still another 2-3 weeks before it'll complete

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People who don't have the self awareness to let you through

My mate and I were playing a 2 ball scramble for a laugh yesterday

We caught a 4 ball on 13

They didn't notice us until 15 even thought we were waiting and didn't offer to let us through

Shame it slowed us right up, we would have taken 5 mins to play through the way we were flying round

Think it was the fact you had 3 of them looking for a ball and then not even waving or looking back

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Just watching the Seniors Open - and realising that the players I'm watching were the ones I'd go and see at various venues and who were the current crop of top players. Don't half make me feel old !

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in a seniors open yesterday up at West Lothian GC (I'll throw in my annual, love this club / course, highly recommend it :love:) . One guy from the group ahead insisted on marking his card by the side of the green on every hole. Seriously, you might expect a youngster who was new to the game but a senior, no mug either from the shots I saw. Held us up repeatedly with this 🙄

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just watching the Seniors Open - and realising that the players I'm watching were the ones I'd go and see at various venues and who were the current crop of top players. Don't half make me feel old !
Wanting Michael Campbell to do well but I think someone with the experience of Carnoustie like Harrington will be right up there

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Far from Car-nasty right now
About as benign as you'll get..

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Played in a seniors open yesterday up at West Lothian GC (I'll throw in my annual, love this club / course, highly recommend it :love:) . One guy from the group ahead insisted on marking his card by the side of the green on every hole. Seriously, you might expect a youngster who was new to the game but a senior, no mug either from the shots I saw. Held us up repeatedly with this 🙄
Give the guy a break. He's a senior. If he doesn't mark his card straight away, he will have forgotten his score by the time he gets to the next tee 😆

C7usk

Visit site
Agreed, really enjoyable course.. Some nice views also.. Some steep hills in places.. That dogleg 8th is an absolute killer.. I don't think I've played to such an elevated green before.. Watching the mate push his trolley up in the pouring rain was priceless... Lol..

mister v

Visit site
garmin watch charging cables. the watch is very good, i've had the S60 and now have the S70 but the cables when they are new click in nice and firm but after a month or so are slack as a yack and keep falling out.
first world problems etc.....
oh and not being to hit driver into play consistantly