Golf Random Irritations

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Teeing off on our first today in the rain.

First PP tees off then we notice a 4ball walking back past the 1st green towards us, obviously giving up and walking in to the clubhouse. They proceed to walk down the middle the first fairway, totally oblivious to the fact that we are still waiting to tee off.

Even when we wave and shout to them they continue walking towards the tee and can only say "we didn't think anyone would be teeing off in this weather" 🤬🤬🤬

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Club hosted a charity golf day last week. People clearly drunk on the course, riding on back of buggies and generally loud and rude to everyone around. This apparently continued into the dining area after. GM absolutely fuming as we are working hard on improving the club as a brand and attracting more business (ultimately good for keeping membership fees down) but one group undoing a lot of hard work. They won't be coming back despite wanting to rebook

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Wouldn’t touch the place at that price

Surely somewhere like Coventry , Copt Heath , Robin Hood even Stratford would be better value

Maybe even go down to Tadmarten or Oxford way to get better value

Nah I paid it. Quite like that they're both on site and we haven't got to travel about between the two rounds. Thought it was OK for both rounds.

Also, my groups standards aren't as high as yours 😃

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Club hosted a charity golf day last week. People clearly drunk on the course, riding on back of buggies and generally loud and rude to everyone around. This apparently continued into the dining area after. GM absolutely fuming as we are working hard on improving the club as a brand and attracting more business (ultimately good for keeping membership fees down) but one group undoing a lot of hard work. They won't be coming back despite wanting to rebook
We had something similar with a visiting group. The bar staff foolishly sold them thirty six bottles of beer to take on the course. They wrecked a buggy, damaged a fire door and have now been banned from returning.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ave booked a lesson next Monday with a lady PGA at another club. A few of the lads have had lessons with her and say she is very good.

Springveldt

Visit site
You buy yet another new strap for your Shot Scope V3 watch and within 2 weeks it's the watch that breaks this time, not connecting to GPS, rebooting when trying to read a tag and won't shut down. It's like it's had a dodgy firmware update except this happened on the course when no firmware update should have been happening.

You send a video of all of this to Shot Scope who come back with "yes, that watch is goosed, here's £100 off the X5 if you want to buy a new one."

No, I don't think I will thanks.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You buy yet another new strap for your Shot Scope V3 watch and within 2 weeks it's the watch that breaks this time, not connecting to GPS, rebooting when trying to read a tag and won't shut down. It's like it's had a dodgy firmware update except this happened on the course when no firmware update should have been happening.

You send a video of all of this to Shot Scope who come back with "yes, that watch is goosed, here's £100 off the X5 if you want to buy a new one."

No, I don't think I will thanks.
I don't know if I've just been unlucky but none of my golf GPS devices have lasted longer than three years. My V3 is currently two and a half years old I think.

Springveldt

Visit site
I don't know if I've just been unlucky but none of my golf GPS devices have lasted longer than three years. My V3 is currently two and a half years old I think.
That's exactly what this one is coming up to, bought it in August 2021. It's bizarre what has happened to it with no software update, obviously some internal component has failed. I'd expect a watch I used twice a week for a total of 8 hours per week would last longer than it has. It's not like I wore it all the time, only used it when playing golf. Plus, I've spent over £100 on new straps for the thing since the RFID circuit board in them kept breaking.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly my PP has withdrawn from the seniors Greensome open tomorrow his arthritis
( hip ) has flared up.
I could've asked another mate as a substitute, but I didn't want to lose another friend. Pmsl.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Getting rained on again for the duration of the round. That’s three times out of the last four times I have played 🤬 Roll on the summer.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Greens Maintenance week......
I know it needs to be done and I know it will make the greens better......
Still a bloody irritation when they're doing it.......fantastically well by the way...
Still irritating