Golf Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When you spend 30 quid on a Trackman session, full of confidence that your swing speed is faster, your yardages are longer, your dispersion is better. Nope, all just as crap as last time.
AND when indoor golf place is having half the interior rebuilt, there's no reception area, so the 15-year-old-looking reception girl has to sit on a sofa in the actual bay that I'm using. For the whole hour. Majorly awkward. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yes it was westerhope and Newcastle United I knew of👍

BTW
I'm sure they'd be really pleased to hear of your reference to it as a 'less salubrious' area of Newcastle mind......🤭🫣
It’s not as bad the Cowgate where Newcastle United is, but it’s not exactly Darras Hall, is it?

I do have to ask though, what’s the attraction with stealing rakes? Is there a roaring trade in them on the dark web or something?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Played in a bowmaker open yesterday - best 2 out of 4 scores to count.
Lots of decent scores in mid 80s. Second place was 86. We were 10th with 79.
And the winners? 98 points. 98!!! 😲

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When you spend 30 quid on a Trackman session, full of confidence that your swing speed is faster, your yardages are longer, your dispersion is better. Nope, all just as crap as last time.
Actually, having looked at the data more closely today, my swing speed is 3mph faster across the board than the last session I did 18 months ago. But that has not translated into any extra distance. I think that's actually worse? :LOL::cry: With my wedges I actually lost distance. :unsure: Baffling.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Kicking off in our golf fuddle, the C word has been mentioned a few times re a player moving his ball again 😖

On a positive it wasn’t me, it was on am away day.

crdb

Visit site
Actually, having looked at the data more closely today, my swing speed is 3mph faster across the board than the last session I did 18 months ago. But that has not translated into any extra distance. I think that's actually worse? :LOL::cry: With my wedges I actually lost distance. :unsure: Baffling.
Could be a higher spin rate with the faster swing speed

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Could be a higher spin rate with the faster swing speed
Yeah maybe. I also used an AVX ball this time as my normal Bridgestones were all marked up with Sharpie and the guy says it marks his screen. It's possible they spin more on short shots than the RXS ball, or whatever ball I used last time I went.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yes I could get that....about United

But westerhope
Surrounded by sought after estates like chapel park, west meadows, St. Johns, and a host of new builds just gone up too
To be fair, it’s not an area I know that well, but a quick look at average property prices shows that they are lower than the overall average for the city. My only previous experience of rakes not being put out was Newcastle United, which is definitely a scruff hole, so that might have subconsciously influenced me.

I’m not criticising the course btw, I thought it was very enjoyable, I would happily play it again.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Booking a tee time as a single in front of a 4-ball, arriving to the tee to see they jumped in ahead and already on the fairway, waiting for them on each shot for the next few holes until I gave up and skipped a couple of holes to pass them.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There's 3 or 4 holes at my course that I'm really struggling with the tee shot. Straight right or a fade bordering on a slice
There's 14 or 15 others that I don't.
They're all reasonably straight.
It must be something about the look of the tee box that is throwing my alignment out.
Bloody infuriating as I'm taking more time on those holes to get everything in sync....
Stupid game

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's 3 or 4 holes at my course that I'm really struggling with the tee shot. Straight right or a fade bordering on a slice
There's 14 or 15 others that I don't.
They're all reasonably straight.
It must be something about the look of the tee box that is throwing my alignment out.
Bloody infuriating as I'm taking more time on those holes to get everything in sync....
Stupid game
If the tee is pointing away from the fairway or not down the middle.
Tee up in the middle of the tee so you can’t see the cut of the edge of the tee.
Might help might not!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Laughed to myself today and I DID NOT ask him to quote the rule.

After I holed the ball I said I would leave my ball in the hole as I struggle bending down.

A guy is the group said he had better take the ball out because if the next player's ball goes in there would be a penalty!