Golf Random Irritations

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
When the hell did golf bags get so bloody expensive? My PK bag has started to give up so had a look, stand bags going for £300+! What madness is this.

I have the DriLite Premium cart bag, big bugger it is too, and that was £180.

Shocked so I am.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Laughed to myself today and I DID NOT ask him to quote the rule.

After I holed the ball I said I would leave my ball in the hole as I struggle bending down.

A guy is the group said he had better take the ball out because if the next player's ball goes in there would be a penalty!

Ask how many shots though😁

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Not sure if I can blame golf for this, but woke up on Thursday with an ache in my knee, which I think was a result of going down a steep bank on a dog walk the day before.

Was due to play golf, so went out and had a couple of swings in the garden. Knee felt ok so went to golf. Played 18 holes with no problems, however on Friday morning woke up in agony. 48 hours later, and my knee keeps locking up like there is cartilage floating about.

To make matters worse, am now in the Lakes for a week’s holiday, don’t think there are going to be too many fells scaled this week.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There should be a penalty for making up rules that don’t exist.
Two shots would do.
This gets worse! NB Ian M.

I was playing with a guy today and explained what hd happened last week re penalty if opponents ball was already in the hole. I expected he would laugh. I was wrong.

He said yes, the other ball must be removed! Before giving up I said what happens if somebody has a hole in one or holes from off the green.
He did not reply!

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tried a Titleist GT2 and 3 today.
I also slapped a Qi10 mens and women’s specifications.
GT3 was not so forgiving, but I really didn’t like the shaft option.
GT2 was okay shaft changed but still not my bag.
Then tried a Qi10 on a whim - worse for me and then he got the ladies Qi10 which had the 40g shaft in
Titleist was 95-102mph head speed .. ball data was rubbish because they were knackered. Flight good, the shape I wanted.
Qi10 was 92-95mph felt softer on the face didn’t have the same level of performance..
ladies Qi10 was very close to my set up and felt closer to it. But not as good as the performance.
I don’t think anything is stand out better, but also the grip feels rubbish on all the trial /demo shafts.. plus my set up now is so off the wall and I like it. I wonder if it would blow the fitters mind?