Golf Random Irritations

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of our playing group tried it out - he was a young lad of 30 and already hit his ball miles…but with this driver he hit it an absolutely absurd distance…miles off line and out of bounds…technology eh … if you got the money that is 🙄
The shaft doesn’t work with aggressive transitions. It also gets too much attention but to be honest they are long and stable regarding dispersion but you have to be fitted.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I couldn't justify that price and I don't see the point on a shaft at that price. There are tonnes of equally good shafts out there already that could do a better job for less cash. If it was so good all the top players would use one and as they don't I think he's been sold a box of hype

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I couldn't justify that price and I don't see the point on a shaft at that price. There are tonnes of equally good shafts out there already that could do a better job for less cash. If it was so good all the top players would use one and as they don't I think he's been sold a box of hype
No it’s not worth it, not now anyway. Mine broke and they replaced it free of charge but it took 6 weeks.
In that time I discovered the Otto Phlex and ordered up a grafalloy pro launch blue in ladies flex at 40g … for £50 and it does the same thing, slightly higher launch so you can dial the spin out by reducing the loft. That also increases ball speed.
But none of this stuff works very well for aggressive transitions or heavy driver heads like Ping.
I also have a 60g senior shaft from UST in the 3 wood and that’s same principle, which I like as well.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always fancied a Range Rover, but couldn't justify the cost, but the Merc will suffice.

Difference is everyone could drive either car, not everyone can hit the Wonderwhacker Shaft!!🤣🤣🤣
Everyone can but to do so they were going heavy which made the shaft weight mainstream and the performance was lost. The principle was to go as light as possible and maintain control.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had entered the Seniors Open at Silloth today, which had fitted in perfectly on the drive home following a week’s holiday in Scotland and was really looking to playing the course having heard such great things on here. Unfortunately, due to the weather they’ve had to cancel it 🙁

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Bunker play and putting. Still hitting some thins and the odd hosel out of the practice bunker and then getting it right and thinking its cracked and then suddenly back to where it was. Means I am struggling to feel confident for when I'm next on the course. I'll just have to relay on the work I've done. Tried the Anser blade with the thicker putter. Definitely feeling better in my hand than the thin original Ping grip but still having issues in the 4-6 foot range

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Standing on fairway sussing out your shot to the green and realise you didn’t start your garmin watch but like an eejit you still stare at it for distance before choosing a club.

Hmm 7:51am that’ll be a 9 iron then 🤔
Sounds about right 🤭

sjw

Visit site
Standing on fairway sussing out your shot to the green and realise you didn’t start your garmin watch but like an eejit you still stare at it for distance before choosing a club.

Hmm 7:51am that’ll be a 9 iron then 🤔
At least you're wearing it! The number of times I've looked down at a regular watch, or even a bare wrist, is too embarrassing to count!

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Have been driving the ball better than ever all summer then start hooking it. Went to the range not a single hook. Back out on the course and start hooking again.If I had any hair I'd be pulling it out.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
At least you're wearing it! The number of times I've looked down at a regular watch, or even a bare wrist, is too embarrassing to count!
Glad it's not just me - get to my ball, glance at my bare wrist and then remember I've not got it on.

Repeat 35 to 50 times that round.

Reactions: sjw

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had entered the Seniors Open at Silloth today, which had fitted in perfectly on the drive home following a week’s holiday in Scotland and was really looking to playing the course having heard such great things on here. Unfortunately, due to the weather they’ve had to cancel it 🙁
I’m currently in the Lakes and it’s absolutely tipping it down. I get your frustration but them cancelling it is a blessing in disguise.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Member I played with on Sunday going on…and on…and on…about his new £850 driver…with the mega expensive shaft. Did I mention that it cost £850…the shaft was the majority of the cost…it (not the shaft) cost £850. Well just in case you missed me mention it..his new driver cost £850. There. Now has that made everyone envious of him? No? Me neither.🙄🤷‍♂️
Good second hand buy when he inevitably trades it in next year for the next wonder shaft - not sure my whole bag cost that much