Golf Random Irritations

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
And, to anyone out there playing, if the weather is half as bad as it is here then..
A. It must be a very big prize
Or
B. You're absolutely gagging for a game...... ;)
I'd rather go shopping with HiD...
That is all

We managed to get round ok - mainly light drizzle and only got any heavy stuff in the last 10 mins

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We managed to get round ok - mainly light drizzle and only got any heavy stuff in the last 10 mins
You got lucky
One of our biggest events in the calendar today..tee sheet was full on Thursday...at least 40 have pulled out and of those scores in nobody has broken nett par yet
Rain has been heavy and constant

sunshine

Visit site
You got lucky
One of our biggest events in the calendar today..tee sheet was full on Thursday...at least 40 have pulled out and of those scores in nobody has broken nett par yet
Rain has been heavy and constant
Yet PCC will remain zero 🤣

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Being stuck behind a 40 strong society playing Texas Scramble off the white tees in a 3 club wind. I observed one group, on a parallel hole, playing their second (third?) shots from within a ditch that crossed the fairway.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
2 holes played today before we decided 40+ mph winds and horizontal rain were making it a bit unplayable.

Nice plate of haddock and chips in the clubhouse to compensate though.
Interested to hear what is the soonest anyone has abandoned a round.

A couple of years ago my wife and I were playing in a mixed greensomes. After teeing off in biblical rain, as we were walking down the 1st fairway all four of us agreed it wasn't worth continuing.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Interested to hear what is the soonest anyone has abandoned a round.

A couple of years ago my wife and I were playing in a mixed greensomes. After teeing off in biblical rain, as we were walking down the 1st fairway all four of us agreed it wasn't worth continuing.
2nd hole for me. Out first in a men's friendly match at home a few years ago. Drizzle at breakfast. Heavy rain on first tee. Lashing down on first green. Back to heavy on 2nd tee.
First hole empty as the remaining 4 pairs decided to not bother. 2nd green flooded in parts. Chipped a lob wedge over floods to 2 foot from 10 foot on the green. Called it a half and walked in.