Golf Random Irritations

Visit site
Member I played with on Sunday going on…and on…and on…about his new £850 driver…with the mega expensive shaft. Did I mention that it cost £850…the shaft was the majority of the cost…it (not the shaft) cost £850. Well just in case you missed me mention it..his new driver cost £850. There. Now has that made everyone envious of him? No? Me neither.🙄🤷‍♂️

That’s about the going rate for a driver + shaft from a custom fitting studio. Normally I hear it in reverse… “I’ve just got a new driver fitted…”
“Oh so your wallet is about £800 lighter then”

My Paradym + Accra TZ5 was £800. I think it was £475 head / £325 shaft but I don’t remember. Could have been 525/275.

No, the head is not worth it vs previous models
No, it doesn’t always go in the fairway because of the fancy shaft
Yes, it was a fun experience, I got excited awaiting the club, and I love the club.

Springveldt

Visit site

Being a member at a links course this year I've definitely learned how to play better in the wind, before this year I despised playing in anything over 10mph winds. When I shot my best round ever on Tuesday I said in the "I played today" thread that it was a light breeze but the MetOffice had it at 12mph winds with gusts up to 18mph.

I've played quite a few rounds this year with the winds like the above and I stupidly think now "I can play in this" were before this year I'd be thinking "I'm going to scratch today, I'm not playing in that".

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Being a member at a links course this year I've definitely learned how to play better in the wind, before this year I despised playing in anything over 10mph winds. When I shot my best round ever on Tuesday I said in the "I played today" thread that it was a light breeze but the MetOffice had it at 12mph winds with gusts up to 18mph.

I've played quite a few rounds this year with the winds like the above and I stupidly think now "I can play in this" were before this year I'd be thinking "I'm going to scratch today, I'm not playing in that".
Wish I could play my home course with 12mph -18mph winds😂 as I live in Shetland it can more than a slight breeze, yes you have to adapt your game to play when it’s windy

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
My, go to, 7 wood snapping at the hosel on the 5th hole today....needed it at least 4 times afterwards....
P.ayeed the shot and it didn't sound or feel right...didn't go far either...
Saw the ferrule had slipped, couldn't push it back down, heard a crack and the head fell off...... :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: sjw

sjw

Visit site
My, go to, 7 wood snapping at the hosel on the 5th hole today....needed it at least 4 times afterwards....
P.ayeed the shot and it didn't sound or feel right...didn't go far either...
Saw the ferrule had slipped, couldn't push it back down, heard a crack and the head fell off...... :mad:
I shouldn't laugh but a club head "falling off" is a funny image to me

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I shouldn't laugh but a club head "falling off" is a funny image to me
Mate of mine years ago his driver head came off.
But in Persimmon days they had a whipping ( long string) to hold the head.
It shot over the fence and nearly ended up on the M57
It was funny watching him reel it in over the fence.

• Haha
Reactions: sjw

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
"The AIG Women's Open" as everyone is contractually obliged to call it. If they started calling the Open "The Rolex British Open" or something there would be uproar! It's up there with football managers having to say 'Barclays Premier League' in their interviews. Just sounds daft and forced.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Calling courses 'tracks' 🤮
Agree. And I have several more. But the worst irritations are,

Dancefloor - putting green or green.
Reload - Play a provisional.
...and the worst of all,
Deck - ground or fairway.

Strangely, I don't mind golf clubs being referred to as "bats".
But I'm a weird grumpy old git - so who cares what I think?

sjw

Visit site
Agree. And I have several more. But the worst irritations are,

Dancefloor - putting green or green.
Reload - Play a provisional.
...and the worst of all,
Deck - ground or fairway.

Strangely, I don't mind golf clubs being referred to as "bats".
But I'm a weird grumpy old git - so who cares what I think?
I quite conceivably said some of these when we played together 🫣