Golf Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Worked on my 3-6 footers and as expected holed a much bigger percentage than I do on the course even when I added the hole reducer - https://www.adoregolfgrips.com/no-3...dEcQhLmcYoy6gt0InrwyM9tRUjLWjbHLDr6_Aar50iPQj

I have had my Anser regripped as I hated the thin Ping grip that it comes with so got a Superstroke 2.0. Will be giving that a go tonight and if that performs like the Odyssey Protype #9 then I may be back in business

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Worked on my 3-6 footers and as expected holed a much bigger percentage than I do on the course even when I added the hole reducer - https://www.adoregolfgrips.com/no-3...dEcQhLmcYoy6gt0InrwyM9tRUjLWjbHLDr6_Aar50iPQj

I have had my Anser regripped as I hated the thin Ping grip that it comes with so got a Superstroke 2.0. Will be giving that a go tonight and if that performs like the Odyssey Protype #9 then I may be back in business
Feels so easy to hole putts on the practise green under no pressure doesn't it? The only putting practise I ever found useful is when I take my wife down with me and we have a little putting competition - 9 'holes', least number of total putts wins. It goes some way to recreate the competitive condition of being out on the course. (Especially when the wife is one stroke ahead with two holes to play, that really focusses the mind!)

I put one of these on my putter and it's the best putter grip I've ever tried.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Feels so easy to hole putts on the practise green under no pressure doesn't it? The only putting practise I ever found useful is when I take my wife down with me and we have a little putting competition - 9 'holes', least number of total putts wins. It goes some way to recreate the competitive condition of being out on the course. (Especially when the wife is one stroke ahead with two holes to play, that really focusses the mind!)

I put one of these on my putter and it's the best putter grip I've ever tried.
I only one ball for practice so it simulates a real go on the green. I set up a cross with 3, 5 and 7 feet going either side of the hole and then the other way I go from 4, 6 and 8 feet and have to hole three at each station before going on to the next. One ball makes it harder and going in different directions and lengths brings different breaks in. I then used a hole reducer to make 3 footers into a smaller area. Had a go from 3 feet in the same 4 directions and had 20 putts to see how many I could make into the smaller target and tried to then beat it at the next section

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
While I'm already scrimping to try and afford a new driver, my stupid brain has decided I want to try a HL 3 wood now as well. Why?? Why do you do this to me, brain??

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My mate and I lost our first home vets league match (6× pairs v visiting team) since he became a vet 3 years ago 😣

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
While I'm already scrimping to try and afford a new driver, my stupid brain has decided I want to try a HL 3 wood now as well. Why?? Why do you do this to me, brain??
If it helps, I’ve got a brand new driver and a 3HL (bought on a whim from GC4C) and they’re both excellent. Best I’ve been at getting off the tee in years & confidence is higher than ever!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Forgot to mention this on Monday, tee’d off the par 4 1st on a walking/carrying round as a 2-ball. The 2-ball in front just leaving 1st green and using buggy
We played 1st and got to 2nd tee where they hadn’t taken their second shot yet. We waited & were right behind them at 2nd green so they let us through on 3rd tee, all good so far

We’re putting on the 3rd green & they both fired their approach shots (can be blind) landing right behind us :rolleyes:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Member I played with on Sunday going on…and on…and on…about his new £850 driver…with the mega expensive shaft. Did I mention that it cost £850…the shaft was the majority of the cost…it (not the shaft) cost £850. Well just in case you missed me mention it..his new driver cost £850. There. Now has that made everyone envious of him? No? Me neither.🙄🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Member I played with on Sunday going on…and on…and on…about his new £850 driver…with the mega expensive shaft. Did I mention that it cost £850…the shaft was the majority of the cost…it (not the shaft) cost £850. We’ll just in case you missed me mention it..his new driver cost £850. There. Now has that made everyone envious of him? No? Me neither.🙄🤷‍♂️
And how good was his driving? Worth the money? 😄

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If I was offered a driver that hit every fairway for me I'd probably pay £850. I'm guessing it doesn't though.
One of our playing group tried it out - he was a young lad of 30 and already hit his ball miles…but with this driver he hit it an absolutely absurd distance…miles off line and out of bounds…technology eh … if you got the money that is 🙄

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
England Golf app logged me out for some reason this morning. Only realised just before I teed off. Couldn’t find my CDH in time, so my round went unrecorded (officially). Typically, scored 41 points.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Member I played with on Sunday going on…and on…and on…about his new £850 driver…with the mega expensive shaft. Did I mention that it cost £850…the shaft was the majority of the cost…it (not the shaft) cost £850. We’ll just in case you missed me mention it..his new driver cost £850. There. Now has that made everyone envious of him? No? Me neither.🙄🤷‍♂️
What was the head /shaft our curiosity? Golfwrx has a lot of expensive shafts talk :)