Golf Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The two seniors who tagged themselves on to my early morning tee time this week and then spent the entire round bitching about my playing off the back tees and them having to move out of the way before playing off the yellows. And before any one asks, yes we can play off the backs whenever we want.
Could you not change tees to accommodate them? Would also be more friendly

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Social media tour bots using the sad passion of a player as an excuse to score points against each other - the depths some of them sink too , disgraceful and show a complete lack of class

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Could you not change tees to accommodate them? Would also be more friendly

If I add my name to another person's tee time, I'll do whatever they are doing.

If the oldies can't manage the longer tees, so be it. But they shouldn't moan about the player "they booked with" playing off them.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The two seniors who tagged themselves on to my early morning tee time this week and then spent the entire round bitching about my playing off the back tees and them having to move out of the way before playing off the yellows. And before any one asks, yes we can play off the backs whenever we want.
Yes same for me.
I hate the yellows as I can reach all the bunkers off the tee and I lose a shot.
Off the whites I can't reach them and it’s better for me.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It was my original tee time. Why should I have to change my plans when they tagged on with me? There is a massive difference between the whites and yellows.
If you book as a single you should expect and accept other people to book as well, this is written in our club rules and is the norm.
I suspect this irritation is more about you thinking that golf off the yellows is not real golf 🤪

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
If you book as a single you should expect and accept other people to book as well, this is written in our club rules and is the norm.
I suspect this irritation is more about you thinking that golf off the yellows is not real golf 🤪

Is it not usually common courtesy to make some contact with the person if you are planning on joining their tee time?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I thought it wasn't the playing from yellow tees that annoyed. It was their moaning about him playing from white.
It was, but my thoughts might be an explanation into why the poster would rather complain about them complaining instead of coming to an easy compromise that would stop them complaining

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Yeah they kinda lost bitchin rights when they added to an existing booking

Separate note; A thought just struck me on course design/layout. Each hole at home club is approached from the rear so to speak i.e you have to pass the tips to reach the other tees in turn. So no one has to stand aside because they can’t really move forward until person/s playing off the longer tees have tee’d off (exceptions are a couple of par 3’s where tees are more scattered rather than generally in-line)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah they kinda lost bitchin rights when they added to an existing booking

Separate note; A thought just struck me on course design/layout. Each hole at home club is approached from the rear so to speak i.e you have to pass the tips to reach the other tees in turn. So no one has to stand aside because they can’t really move forward until person/s playing off the longer tees have tee’d off (exceptions are a couple of par 3’s where tees are more scattered rather than generally in-line)
Not all courses are like that .
Ours has a few long walks back to the tips walking past the yellow tees.
It’s where length has been added to older courses.!

My take .
Why should anyone change their golfing plans because some one else decides to join their tee time.
Why are they then moaning about it.
Just bad manners.