Golf Random Irritations

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Remember that some will say the E stands for, EXPLOIT!🤣🤣
Yes, that will come on the Sunday after first Lobshite day.
Worst case scenario (thanks to the spreadsheet that I have due to not getting out a bit more;)) is that I go from 4.4 to 5.2.
This will just get me a playing handicap of 7 (6.5299 with machine precision) for President's Day. Should be fun.

Last edited:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'm absolutely crap off the medal tees, it's so annoying, 6500 is just too long for me

I go from consistently mid/ low 80's at 6000 yards to not close to breaking 90 at 6500 and there's only a 3 shot difference in handicap

🤬

RichA

Visit site
The first open at ours today, since the owner put the membership price up by 39%.
Photo below of one of our greenside bunkers on the day of the first board comp of the year...
IMG_3523.jpeg
Still just 2 greenkeepers looking after 240 acres that includes a 6600 yard 18-hole and a par 3 9-hole.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The first open at ours today, since the owner put the membership price up by 39%.
Photo below of one of our greenside bunkers on the day of the first board comp of the year...
View attachment 53486
Still just 2 greenkeepers looking after 240 acres that includes a 6600 yard 18-hole and a par 3 9-hole.

That’s a bunker? And here’s me thinking ours were bad.

D-S

Visit site
View attachment 53486
With 2 Greenkeepers for that amount of real estate, bunkers are the least of your problem. One or two sick days and you won’t have a course to play.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
View attachment 53486

I can see at least four plants in there that are on the red list, your greenkeepers are obviously working closely with conservation groups.

Visit site
6 3 putts… 40 putts… Booked in a bunch of lessons with the pro afterwards. Having the yips is a very dark place to be on the golf course.

What does the forum think about a pin placement where my playing partner had a 4ft uphill putt, he missed the hole and it went 3 inches past, only to roll back in?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
6 3 putts… 40 putts… Booked in a bunch of lessons with the pro afterwards. Having the yips is a very dark place to be on the golf course.

What does the forum think about a pin placement where my playing partner had a 4ft uphill putt, he missed the hole and it went 3 inches past, only to roll back in?
There really should not be a slope on any green for that to happen.
If there is you should not put the hole there!