Golf Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Misplacing my 56 degree wedge between the 11th hole and my car yesterday it seems

What's odd is I was carrying so why would I put it down and not in the bag? But it's not there.. it's not in my boot either ..

Fortunately I bought a cheap second hand one last year to practice with so I can use that until it turns up. If it does

D

Deleted member 29109

Realising I have wasted an hour of my time practicing my putting on Sunday on our practice green.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Misplacing my 56 degree wedge between the 11th hole and my car yesterday it seems

What's odd is I was carrying so why would I put it down and not in the bag? But it's not there.. it's not in my boot either ..

Fortunately I bought a cheap second hand one last year to practice with so I can use that until it turns up. If it does
Reminds me of a couple of weeks back. A fourball booked in between the 5 tee times our fuddle had booked. We asked them if they wanted to go out in front of us. They agreed. We could have possibly got our tee times away before there’s but thought it easier to let them go out before us. I never knew them. Another PP did and he said “you’re all gonna regret this, they are notoriously slow”.
So a four ball is walking down the first as these four guys are Stood on the tee. They played there second shots and are around the fringes of the par four green and they then started hitting there tees shots. The first guy smashed it 50yds. It was probably his best drive of the day. How did I know, I was in the fourball following them. The faces on our fuddle guys was a picture. I was struggling to hold it in. One of the guys hit his ball into some trees on the right. It is wide open and stevie wonder could have found it but the other three walked to there balls. Left there bags and walked to the trees. The guy played his shot and they all walked back to there balls. The fuddle lads were going ape crap. Eventually we teed off and waited til they cleared the green. We played our second shots. Got to the balls and noticed one of them Had left a PW on the green. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.
Our second hole runs back parallel to our first and the green is 20 yards from the first tee. The fourball in front of us had “ lost an hole” after the first. The lads stood on the first tee were going mental at them. A PP with me walked 200 yards after his tee shot on the second gave them the club, walked back and they still had not cleared the second. After 14 holes they went in. The guys in front of them were playing the 17th when we were behind them on the 13th. Fortunately they don’t usually play on the Tuesday.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Playing in a four ball today, and having to wait on a two ball ahead.
"They're probably following a slow four ball", we think.
But when we get in a position to actually see, they have lost a hole on the four ball in front of them. How can a two ball possibly be that slow??? 😯

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
The way over here they make you stay the night in the hotel to be able to play the course. Bay hill is around $400 a night including golf, Pebble beach is around $800 a night including golf, Pinehurst around $500 a night including golf, that is just a couple of them. On top of that there are lots of other great courses that we would all love to play here that a private member courses only, that you can only play as a guest.

Really gets under my skin that I cannot get to play the courses I dream of playing, with out taking out a 2nd mortgage and having to book a day off work as they are the weekday prices, do not even get started on weekend rates.

Mandofred

Visit site
The way over here they make you stay the night in the hotel to be able to play the course. Bay hill is around $400 a night including golf, Pebble beach is around $800 a night including golf, Pinehurst around $500 a night including golf, that is just a couple of them. On top of that there are lots of other great courses that we would all love to play here that a private member courses only, that you can only play as a guest.

Really gets under my skin that I cannot get to play the courses I dream of playing, with out taking out a 2nd mortgage and having to book a day off work as they are the weekday prices, do not even get started on weekend rates.
Depends on where you live of course. The last time I was living in the US I was in the Spokane WA area and the prices weren't too bad at all (I've attached the current rates for the courses I was playing). But.....even at these prices, I wouldn't still be playing unless I purchased a year long membership which brings the individual fee down quite a bit.... the same as what I am doing here in the UK. I wouldn't still be playing golf if I was only playing once a week....a lot of the year I am playing 3-4 times a week which brings the cost for each time of playing down to £8 or so. I will not pay £50+ to play golf unless it's a special situation.....but then again, I won't pay £6 for a pint of beer either.

https://www.wandermere.com/pricing.html
https://static.spokanecity.org/documents/golf/rates/2024-golf-rates.pdf