Golf Random Irritations

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Looking very unlikely that I'll get 18 holes on my course for the second time this month. Closed since the 9th of Feb apart from opening the front nine only on the 13th.
Loads more rain on the way according to BBC long range forecast.
Hoping for a dryer March.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Beautiful sunny morning in Monmouthshire... course closed since Tuesday due to the previous day's heavy rain.

Domestically inappropriate to go to Saunton for a game today!😉
Hope Newport has dried by August as we are kicking off our golf week there 😁. Not played there for about six years so looking forward to it.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Hope Newport has dried by August as we are kicking off our golf week there 😁. Not played there for about six years so looking forward to it.

It's usually very good from May to October... anything outside that can be variable from good to closed! Greens are great now, just it's soggy before you get there!

Where else are you playing?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's usually very good from May to October... anything outside that can be variable from good to closed! Greens are great now, just it's soggy before you get there!

Where else are you playing?
Rolls (36)
Woodlake
Ross on Wye
Clevedon on the way home.

I know a couple are in England but we have done all the courses near Monmouth loads already. We base ourselves at the Premier Inn at Monmouth.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
To help the green keepers out, 6 of us helped to collect range balls in the rain at 7 and despite getting
Every last one in, the bar staff treated us like absolute scum.

Think there’s going to a lot of people leaving

D

Deleted member 15344

Dito your dito.

I could have played yesterday afternoon, but it would have been a rush to get there so didn’t as I was booked in for lunchtime today.

We’ve had nearly 10mm of rain overnight so the course has been closed due to standing water on greens and fairways. Something that, until this winter I had seen only once on this course.

Yesterday was a false dawn - played in shorts and t shirt , was lovely by midday but you can feel it was soft underfoot

Rest of the week is dry bar a shower day Wednesday so hopefully next weekend will be good to go again

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
To help the green keepers out, 6 of us helped to collect range balls in the rain at 7 and despite getting
Every last one in, the bar staff treated us like absolute scum.

Think there’s going to a lot of people leaving
Well, if you lowered yourself to do manual labour and then used the gentlemen's locker room rather than the artisan's locker room to change your shoes, you got what you deserved, obviously.
:rolleyes:

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Looking very unlikely that I'll get 18 holes on my course for the second time this month. Closed since the 9th of Feb apart from opening the front nine only on the 13th.
Loads more rain on the way according to BBC long range forecast.
Hoping for a dryer March.
We've been closed since the 6th, with the greens staff reporting 48mm of rain last weekend and constant rain since.

Today has been beautiful, warm and sunny with tomorrow forecast to be the same, my fingers are crossed for golf on Tuesday.

Mandofred

Visit site
How is that an irritation? Surely this should be in Gladden the Heart 😄. That post is living the dream right now.
Yeah.....my mistake..... I guess I could have complained about the 2 closed holes (17+18), but when playing Wed they were the sloppiest fairways on the course.....which I still don't understand since they are about the highest point on the back nine.