Golf Random Irritations

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
What about those collecting green fees etc
Sounds very similar to ours, it's all done online now previously it was an honesty box and yes you do get people who play without playing, it's up to the members to politely ask that people have paid.
If I see people playing and their position on the course does not tally with the online tee times I do not have a problem asking, have caught people in the past with various excuses.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
they are just bar staff and have no interest in what goes on on the course.

we have told them numerous times about trollies being used and they just shrug their shoulders
Who is actually stating it's no trolleys then? Just some manager who doesn't even turn up to the course?? Looks out of his window, sees rain and just posts that it's no trolleys?

sunshine

Visit site
At so many courses you are simply replying on the goodwill of people to follow what is asked. As we know, some people just do what they like, stuff the rest. Sad, but true.

And it's just as likely to be members ignoring the request as visitors. Same goes for raking bunkers and repairing pitch marks.

Total Golf Pro

Banned
Visit site
Slow play whether it's waiting for the group ahead to finish their shots, or playing with a partner who takes a long time to prepare and execute each stroke. The best is when one of your playing partners is like, "Eh, I might hit them from here if I catch it right." And we all know what happens in that case, lol

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’m assuming the green keepers tell the area manager who updates the booking website
…and so in daily morning status email today…

Trolleys are permitted though buggies are not allowed today. Carrying is however your course's favourite form of transporting your clubs.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Having picked up a new set of irons 2 weeks ago and not been able to get out on the course due to the weather.

A few range sessions and some indoor chipping against the sofa does not compensate!!!

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
The constant rain. Another week without a golf fix. Sunday’s competition has already been cancelled.
After walking our dog and cancelling my Sunday tee time after seeing the swamp out there, I suddenly had a reworked Beatles song come into my head.

All together....

'It's getting wetter all the time
Wetter, wetter, wetter
It's getting wetter all the time
Wetter, wetter, wetter
Getting so much wetter all the time'

Sorry in advance if it becomes an earworm for you too!

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Played at home today after playing Hartlepool yesterday and had it confirmed just how bad our bunkers are. The combination of mud and coarse sand combine to make them impossible to play and the weakest aspect of the course. Contrast this with the quality of the bunkers at Hartlepool (see I played today) and it's chalk and cheese.

I know bunkers are a hazard, a punishment for being wayward, but at least give me a chance to demonstrate what little skill I have instead of turning it into a complete lottery.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Waking up with a crick neck and no idea what swing I'll be capable of and what stance alignment it needs

Went out 1 under handicap but back in 5 over handicap