Golf Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Will you be offering ball collection after they’ve blasted them all

6 of us spent 2 hours last Sunday morning collecting balls on the range to help out and we got a bollocking for eating a mcdonalds in the bar eventhough the kitchem was shut.

no wonder loads of people are cancelling their memberships

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depends on where you live of course. The last time I was living in the US I was in the Spokane WA area and the prices weren't too bad at all (I've attached the current rates for the courses I was playing). But.....even at these prices, I wouldn't still be playing unless I purchased a year long membership which brings the individual fee down quite a bit.... the same as what I am doing here in the UK. I wouldn't still be playing golf if I was only playing once a week....a lot of the year I am playing 3-4 times a week which brings the cost for each time of playing down to £8 or so. I will not pay £50+ to play golf unless it's a special situation.....but then again, I won't pay £6 for a pint of beer either.

https://www.wandermere.com/pricing.html
https://static.spokanecity.org/documents/golf/rates/2024-golf-rates.pdf
I was more talking about the PGA courses that we all see on TV and would to just go and play. Not to sound like a dick, but the club where I played at was a little bit different to the courses you are quoting here. There are cheap courses like that around North Carolina if that is the type of course you are looking for.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Due to play Saturday, but my mate who's turn it was to drive to Dornoch, blew out with a cold. A lovely warm day, so went cycling instead. Playing Tain today in the comp, woke up to a heavy frost, winter greens, so didn't bother.

D

Deleted member 29109

People who take themselves and golf far too seriously, certainly more seriously than their ability deserves!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Biblical rain all day. It’s getting boring now. Golf course probably closed again for most of the coming week.

When I checked this morning, the forecast was showing 3 sunny days the week after next.... by this afternoon it's showing rain again. Great. This isn't funny now.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We got lucky...that massive rain cell that covered most of the South yesterday got as far north as 10 miles away....and stopped.....
Forecasts said we would get a drenching but we didn't get a drop...

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
We got lucky...that massive rain cell that covered most of the South yesterday got as far north as 10 miles away....and stopped.....

We missed any of the rain yesterday but got thick fog instead which made the first 12 or so holes interesting

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hitting 13 out of 14 fairways (one finished first cut) yesterday only for them all to be pointless as we were playing misery doubles. Nothing kicks you in the stomach like “ great drive, pick it up as you’re taking the other one “

sunshine

Visit site

And this is an irritation? Is there nothing that makes you happy?