Golf Random Irritations

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another weekend and the marshlands of Weymouth are closed again. Another competition postponed to another day. No snow thankfully, just another 20 mm of rainfall during the preceding 24 hours. Must be a nightmare for the green staff too not being able to get on the course with their equipment.

D

Deleted member 35577

Course closed today but likely to be open tomorrow. Every single tee time booked up as a result but there are 4 juniors all playing as singles at different times. My irritation is not that they are playing, it's great to see juniors coming through. It's that they have booked 4 individual tee times and in this day and age it looks very dodgy if adults put their names down with them, especially as 2 of them are females.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
People who moan the course should be shut but still go out and play anyway.

Part of me agrees with you, but equally there are some, and I count myself amongst them, who avoid the wetter areas and avoid doing any damage.

Perhaps my complaint should be if those who insist on walking through roped off areas, or taking electric trolleys right up to tees and greenside areas are incapable of doing their bit to help protect the course, then it should be closed.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Uh oh 2 cheeky bids that are winning … hmm I should have been a little more patient.
Plenty of time for a bail out! Well 3hrs on one, and 2days on the other so that could go up…

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
More an observation than an irritation.

Absolutely chucking it down this morning, our place is closed. My "wet weather" dog walking route takes me past Whitley Bay GC. Was surprised to see it was open, and amazed to see some folk out playing - it was more like hail/sleet than rain, absolutely horrible.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
More an observation than an irritation.

Absolutely chucking it down this morning, our place is closed. My "wet weather" dog walking route takes me past Whitley Bay GC. Was surprised to see it was open, and amazed to see some folk out playing - it was more like hail/sleet than rain, absolutely horrible.
Anyone out in that this morning has lost the plot. Absolutely awful. Even on a bone dry course it can't be fun but surely it wasn't even that.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The tee box is not a stage, that thing in your hand is a driver, not a microphone. Why do some folk stand on the tee and think it gives them an opportunity to talk rammel for 30 seconds. Talk rammel between shots whilst walking to your ball.