Golf Random Irritations

HeftyHacker

Visit site
The tee box is not a stage, that thing in your hand is a driver, not a microphone. Why do some folk stand on the tee and think it gives them an opportunity to talk rammel for 30 seconds. Talk rammel between shots whilst walking to your ball.

My mates and I are often walking in completely different directions when we play - the only time we come together is on the tees and greens 🤣.

That said, I do share your irritation.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played yesterday.

We have a shortened course throughout most of the winter.

The green staff decided to go to the full course. I came off the 2 affected holes rather angry. No prep had been done apart from the green and the rough right next to the fairway and beyond was at foot loosing height let alone the ball.

Dropped 3 shots on one hole after ending up just 6" off the fairway .

After my tee shot on the next nearly had a lost ball twice, once when were finding it before playing the second and the second time because I went back to the bag to get the correct wedge just to get it out of the rough.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Windy as a day that's pretty windy, 2-3 clubs into it but only 1 club when it's aiding, but we dodged any rain

3 over handicap, the three doubles on back 9 killed the card

sjw

Visit site
Year old clubs having to go back to the fitter for a complete strip down and rebuild.

I'll give you one guess what brand they are.

RichA

Visit site
Played a round with 3 fossils on Tuesday and I was a golf god.
Played 2 rounds at the weekend with my usual crowd and was a total clown.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Few ferrules were slipping, they'd gone back to be fixed about November time, but it's happening again. Then yesterday the head of my 6 iron flew off down the range

Hahahaha sorry, I feel your pain, nothing worse than having to stop the whole range to go and collect a clubhead... I've seen it before but never done it myself!

Who did you buy through? Can you chase a full refund and maybe move to a different brand? Ping are always solid.

sjw

Visit site
Hahahaha sorry, I feel your pain, nothing worse than having to stop the whole range to go and collect a clubhead... I've seen it before but never done it myself!

Who did you buy through? Can you chase a full refund and maybe move to a different brand? Ping are always solid.
I actually bought through the people that have the clubs at the moment to fix them. I'm not entirely clear whether they built them, or TM. When I ordered them I got mixed messages.

I will wait and see how they hold up once I get them back, hopefully sometime this week. I did hit the shot a bit fat with a lazy swing but I'm not sure this should happen! 🤣

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My old club had plentiful soft sand in the bunkers as well as the other club im a member at, but the realization after playing a few holes last week at Tain, there is very little if any sand in the bunker. so my 14 deg bounce SW isn't much use at Tain, so going to have to think about getting another SW with less bounce just for there:sneaky:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Few ferrules were slipping, they'd gone back to be fixed about November time, but it's happening again. Then yesterday the head of my 6 iron flew off down the range

Last year my titliest 7 iron (2016) head was coming lose so my pro fixed it

He was saying TM are the worst for it. He had brand new irons only month old going back for issues like this

Was saying it's luck of the draw. They make so many a day that if you get clubs made end of the day with the resin mixed from the morning it's not as strong

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Saw a nice set of Ping i230's on GC4Cash with the exact shaft that I am looking for. Went to buy them, my phone rang with a work call, came off that 45 mins later and the Pings were gone!

Seem like the tone has been set for the week!