Golf Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Club over complicating things unnecessarily. We have trolleys allowed and if you use them it is holes 1-14 and then down 18 but todays update says if you are carrying you can play all 18. If it is too wet for trolley surely give them a complete rest. What are the chances we'll get some groups being a mixture of carry and trolley and those pushing will still play these holes.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Club over complicating things unnecessarily. We have trolleys allowed and if you use them it is holes 1-14 and then down 18 but todays update says if you are carrying you can play all 18. If it is too wet for trolley surely give them a complete rest. What are the chances we'll get some groups being a mixture of carry and trolley and those pushing will still play these holes.

That does seem a bit ridiculous

We are ok stage 2 of 4

1 is no restrictions
2 is buggy ban, trolleys with hedgehog
3 carry only
4 closed

Haven't seen us go to 3 for 2 years now

We closed once last week because of biblical rain then opened 10am next day

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
At the range this afternoon...

I enter a bay, only to find the auto ball feeder isnt working (big sign on the flap cant miss it) and the power tee system dead. Not to worry, I just move on to the next bay.

A couple of minutes later an old gent turns up, starts to go in the bay and I tell him its not working...cant load balls, power tee dead. He grunts at me, puts his bag down, puts on his glove, arranges his clubs and goes to tip his balls into the hole provided...and then sees the big sign on the flap that says, do not put your balls in here. He then proceeds to try to physically pull the power tee to a better height without success.

Hits a few balls off the matt before giving up and taking his remaining balls elsewhere.

5 minutes later, 4 kids turn up with parents in tow....just happens to be four bays free including the faulty bay. One kid starts to enter the bay and I tell him that it is out of order...big sign and there is no power to the power tee. One of the kids interrupts me and says it doesn't matter if he cant use the automatic ball feeder and that his mate can just tee his ball up on the power tee. I reiterate that the power tee isn't working. They look at me like I'm an old buffoon (some degree of truth in that if i'm honest). They proceed to pull and tug at the power tee to get it into a better position.

Parents come over to see whats wrong and I once more pull the auto-voice string in my back and say that the bay is faulty, balls not loading, power tee not working (at this point I should point out that there is plainly no power to the screen that shows how many balls you have hit, no led's that show you the tee height that is selected, nothing, zip zilch, nada)....so dad has his own go at fixing it!!

I mean really...has everyone suddenly taken a course in golf range automated tee system repair, whilst I was busy shanking a lob wedge into the car park?

Alan Clifford

Visit site
At the range this afternoon...

I enter a bay, only to find the auto ball feeder isnt working (big sign on the flap cant miss it) and the power tee system dead. Not to worry, I just move on to the next bay.

A couple of minutes later an old gent turns up, starts to go in the bay and I tell him its not working...cant load balls, power tee dead. He grunts at me, puts his bag down, puts on his glove, arranges his clubs and goes to tip his balls into the hole provided...and then sees the big sign on the flap that says, do not put your balls in here. He then proceeds to try to physically pull the power tee to a better height without success.

Hits a few balls off the matt before giving up and taking his remaining balls elsewhere.

5 minutes later, 4 kids turn up with parents in tow....just happens to be four bays free including the faulty bay. One kid starts to enter the bay and I tell him that it is out of order...big sign and there is no power to the power tee. One of the kids interrupts me and says it doesn't matter if he cant use the automatic ball feeder and that his mate can just tee his ball up on the power tee. I reiterate that the power tee isn't working. They look at me like I'm an old buffoon (some degree of truth in that if i'm honest). They proceed to pull and tug at the power tee to get it into a better position.

Parents come over to see whats wrong and I once more pull the auto-voice string in my back and say that the bay is faulty, balls not loading, power tee not working (at this point I should point out that there is plainly no power to the screen that shows how many balls you have hit, no led's that show you the tee height that is selected, nothing, zip zilch, nada)....so dad has his own go at fixing it!!

I mean really...has everyone suddenly taken a course in golf range automated tee system repair, whilst I was busy shanking a lob wedge into the car park?
Don't get involved. No one thanks you.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
After going through several useless caterers our club has announced they'll do it themselves now, but we'll only be able to get food from 11am til 3pm. No breakfast before the morning tee times then. 🤔

So me turning up to a 8am tee time at 7.15 yesterday to have a fresh Cumberland sausage bap and latte pre game wouldn’t make you jealous then? 🤤

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ordered a new set of Mizuno S23 wedges a few weeks back through pro shop .
Hadn't heard anything so drop them a line, get a call back saying the 48 isn't available until July but the 54 and 58 are but not with the custom shafts I'd specified.
🤯

D

Deleted member 29109

Ditto. Absolutely hammered it down again last night and the course is closed again. Can’t remember when I last saw the sun in the sky. It has been hidden behind clouds for weeks.
Dito your dito.

I could have played yesterday afternoon, but it would have been a rush to get there so didn’t as I was booked in for lunchtime today.

We’ve had nearly 10mm of rain overnight so the course has been closed due to standing water on greens and fairways. Something that, until this winter I had seen only once on this course.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dito your dito.

I could have played yesterday afternoon, but it would have been a rush to get there so didn’t as I was booked in for lunchtime today.

We’ve had nearly 10mm of rain overnight so the course has been closed due to standing water on greens and fairways. Something that, until this winter I had seen only once on this course.
I'm feeling smug, told my mate midweek we'd better play on Saturday as it'll end up being closed Sunday. I was right!

D

Deleted member 29109

I'm feeling smug, told my mate midweek we'd better play on Saturday as it'll end up being closed Sunday. I was right!
We are usually very good at avoiding the bad weather, but got it wrong this weekend.

We have to play Sundays in winter as we struggle for time due to the boys football on a Saturday morning. But they had an earlier KO yesterday so could have made it out. I was jut being lazy as there is a road closed on my route to the course which turns a 15/20 minute drive into a 45 minute drive.