Golf Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 29109

Random Groups being allowed out in the middle of a competition
I understand you are entitled to your own irritation. But what difference does it make if you are playing in a comp and another group isn’t? Even if we were playing in the same group what does it matter?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I understand you are entitled to your own irritation. But what difference does it make if you are playing in a comp and another group isn’t? Even if we were playing in the same group what does it matter?
the tee was booked out for a competition

oleinone

Visit site
So what? Some time ago there was a women's comp at our place with a shotgun start a 9 am. We booked 1330, with management's approval, hoping that it would be finished - it wasn't. Nevertheless it was so strung out that we were able to play the first four holes with nobody in sight in front or behind. On 5 we saw a group ahead so decided not to bother them in any way by jumping on to 9, 8 was just teeing off. At which point a buggy borne woman appeared and berated us for being on the course during their comp. Same response - so what? We had had zero impact their play, our offence was simply being there.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
So what? Some time ago there was a women's comp at our place with a shotgun start a 9 am. We booked 1330, with management's approval, hoping that it would be finished - it wasn't. Nevertheless it was so strung out that we were able to play the first four holes with nobody in sight in front or behind. On 5 we saw a group ahead so decided not to bother them in any way by jumping on to 9, 8 was just teeing off. At which point a buggy borne woman appeared and berated us for being on the course during their comp. Same response - so what? We had had zero impact their play, our offence was simply being there.
thats all well and good but we're only a 9 hole course and as they "missed their tee time" they should've been told to wait until after we had all started our 2nd 9

sunshine

Visit site
They seem to be in a hurry to play yet don’t want to play through, it seems a bit odd to me. Anyway we’ve managed to put a hole’s distance between us so I think we are good

If you're busy writing messages on the forum to keep everyone up to date on your round, it's no wonder the group behind is waiting on you :ROFLMAO:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I'm not embarrassed. I usually say, "I shall seek permission."

Far better to get the permission first rather than be in a state of permission-debt that can last for over a week and is a proverbial stick to be beaten with.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We're open with no trolley ban but with the caveat of a please carry if you can.....
Played 9 yesterday first thing and k think it was borderline whether it should be open at all....let alone allowing trolleys..
Loads of rain since and we're at the same situation.
Not convinced.........

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of my favourite trips of the year is when a friend and I go up to West Lothian GC to play in their Seniors Open, entry aged 50. We love the course, get a friendly welcome. They have just released 2024 Open dates and they have increased the age to 55 :mad:. In one way, I'm happy that I don't qualify. In other way, I'm hacked off because I can't play next year. Why change? I'm feeling grumpy.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
One of my favourite trips of the year is when a friend and I go up to West Lothian GC to play in their Seniors Open, entry aged 50. We love the course, get a friendly welcome. They have just released 2024 Open dates and they have increased the age to 55 :mad:. In one way, I'm happy that I don't qualify. In other way, I'm hacked off because I can't play next year. Why change? I'm feeling grumpy.

Any more dwarves you plan on groping if you don't get into other Opens ? ;)