Golf Random Irritations

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of my favourite trips of the year is when a friend and I go up to West Lothian GC to play in their Seniors Open, entry aged 50. We love the course, get a friendly welcome. They have just released 2024 Open dates and they have increased the age to 55 :mad:. In one way, I'm happy that I don't qualify. In other way, I'm hacked off because I can't play next year. Why change? I'm feeling grumpy.

I'm shocked....!!!

That's shocking actually.....

You're under 55 😉🤣

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm shocked....!!!

That's shocking actually.....

You're under 55 😉🤣
What's worse, at my place the seniors limit is 60. Last time I played I was sat with some seniors afterwards and one guy turned to me, I'd just played 18 with him, and he asked if I was going to be playing in the Senior Winter League :mad: . 7 years until I qualify, 7 🤬🤬.

Still hurts 😢

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played this morning, the course is as wet as I've known it and IMHO shouldn't have been open.
I'll not be playing again until we've had an extended spell of dry weather, which probably means in March.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
What's worse, at my place the seniors limit is 60. Last time I played I was sat with some seniors afterwards and one guy turned to me, I'd just played 18 with him, and he asked if I was going to be playing in the Senior Winter League :mad: . 7 years until I qualify, 7 🤬🤬.

Still hurts 😢
Reminds me a (non golf related) incident a long time ago. It was a Wednesday morning and I walked into B&Q (which apparently is their "pensioners day"). A lady assistant approached me and asked "do you have a diamond club card?". When I asked that was, she said "it's a discount card for the over 60's". I was 52 at the time 😨

D

Deleted member 23344

I had the same happen to me over 40 years ago. I was playing football for a club that ran several teams and, after one game, another player asked if I fancied playing for the club’s vets side. I asked how old one had to be to play for the vets and the answer was 35 … I was 28.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Reminds me a (non golf related) incident a long time ago. It was a Wednesday morning and I walked into B&Q (which apparently is their "pensioners day"). A lady assistant approached me and asked "do you have a diamond club card?". When I asked that was, she said "it's a discount card for the over 60's". I was 52 at the time 😨
My dad still tells a similar story from 25 odd years ago. They were shopping in Baby Gap for their nephew who had just been born. One of the shop assistants asked "Ah, is it your first grandchild?" I'm their only child and I was about 11 at the time so I think they walked out and never returned.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I had the same happen to me over 40 years ago. I was playing football for a club that ran several teams and, after one game, another player asked if I fancied playing for the club’s vets side. I asked how old one had to be to play for the vets and the answer was 35 … I was 28.

When I used to work in an office in a previous life I took cakes in on my birthday. One of my female colleagues, who until that point I had regarded as a good friend, wished me a happy birthday and said “How old are you, 30?”

It was my 19th.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I used to work in an office in a previous life I took cakes in on my birthday. One of my female colleagues, who until that point I had regarded as a good friend, wished me a happy birthday and said “How old are you, 30?”

It was my 19th.
That really must have been a tough paper round 🤣

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Course is open today after being shut for god knows how long.

Knee gave way 3 or 4 times on the dog walk last night, very painful, so no option but to pull out.

The bizarre thing was it was fine hitting 120 balls at the range on Thursday, but walking on a level path, it's totally unstable.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The PNC......
It's a Charity, fun thing for families
Apart from raising money and having fun there's not much more that's worthy to get it onto TV...
Except Tiger's playing with Charlie and Sam's on Tiger's bag.....huge hype about it.....
Tiger's back playing again.....they've just teed off......
And Sky aren't showing any of it until, 6pm...
I just don't understand........ :unsure:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just been to the golf club to hit a few balls and do a bit of chipping. Take shoes out of my locker and see that there is a massive split on the right shoe. The upper has come away from the sole. All my other golf shoes are at home. Now £150 lighter in my pro shop account.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Just been to the golf club to hit a few balls and do a bit of chipping. Take shoes out of my locker and see that there is a massive split on the right shoe. The upper has come away from the sole. All my other golf shoes are at home. Now £150 lighter in my pro shop account.

I'd have chipped a few balls in whatever footwear I had on!

Visit site
Christmas pairs better ball comp today.

I’m off 4, I partnered with a 4 handicap, we shot -4 better ball (gross 65), 44 pts, with 24 points on the back 9.

We lost on countback 😂 to a 19 and 24 handicap pairing, who managed 25 points on the back 9.

Better ball handicaps/comps are ridiculous since WHS. It should be about 60-70% of allowance, not 85% 😂