Golf Random Irritations

Golfnut1957

Visit site
They've all got sales on virtually all the time...got a Snainton Xmas sale email this morning...
I received that one this morning and had a quick peek at the shoes.

Sure enough they are selling the same Mizuno shoes I bought in the summer, their sale price, £15 more than I paid 6 months ago.

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I don't think the phrase Mildy Moist does it out there today..
Course is open, carry only, but you'd need to be mahoosivly desperate for a game or the men in White coats will be waiting for you at the 18th.....

D

Deleted member 29109

First day of my Christmas break today. Wife still at work. Kids still at school. The day to myself.

Had an 08:00 tee time booked, planning on playing 18 having a spot of lunch then going out again.

Aaaaand it’s lashing it down.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
First day of my Christmas break today. Wife still at work. Kids still at school. The day to myself.

Had an 08:00 tee time booked, planning on playing 18 having a spot of lunch then going out again.

Aaaaand it’s lashing it down.

Went to the range at half 6 this morning to practice my club twirl and do a couple of drills to tune up my technique for raising putter one handed after holing out... anyway I digress
Half past 6 and clothes are wringing with sweat, cant keep sunglasses dry with sweat beads running down the lens and the morning sunrise is right into my face so its tough to see the ball land

30degs and 84% humidity, not comfortable

mister v

Visit site
Went to the range at half 6 this morning to practice my club twirl and do a couple of drills to tune up my technique for raising putter one handed after holing out... anyway I digress
Half past 6 and clothes are wringing with sweat, cant keep sunglasses dry with sweat beads running down the lens and the morning sunrise is right into my face so its tough to see the ball land

If you went out in the UK at 6.30am you wouldnt see your clubs let alone the ball......

D

Deleted member 29109

Sounds awful 🤣

I actually went and played as the course was open. I had the course to myself for most of the round until a two ball started as I finished the front 9.

It was a bit damp, but better than being at work.

sunshine

Visit site

You ok hon? I'm sure everyone in the UK sympathises with your situation :LOL:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Virtually the entire golfing media losing their collective fertiliser over the possibility/probability that Tiger is leaving Nike.....
Other companies do make red shirts........ :rolleyes:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

There’s probably a hint of sarcasm in your post but I’ve been there - sat having my morning cuppa before a hard days work, nothing on but a pair of shorts, with sweat pouring off me..
No ta.
The 2 things that gripe me about winter golf in the uk are the lack of daylight, and muddy courses. I don’t mind the cold weather - it’s definitely easy to combat than when it’s hitting the high 30’s or more in the peak of a Spanish summer. 👍

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
.....when you're finally trying to get a round of golf organised after all this terrible weather, and 1 of the lads reckons he needs to check with his Mrs before committing🙄

What's that about?

Eh...... @Beezerk

Ha ha wow I can’t believe I missed this 🤣
I was dropping her off at the train station in the morning, would you have rather I give her the money for a taxi 🤣

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Virtually the entire golfing media losing their collective fertiliser over the possibility/probability that Tiger is leaving Nike.....
Other companies do make red shirts........ :rolleyes:
Is he really leaving them?
Or is it that they are leaving him?
Or is it that they will merely stop giving him money?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Need to set the scene… I vary the tees I play from on GP rounds depending on a few things (mostly weather) I play the course either at 6500yrds or 6000yrds and last week my 15.4 index meant a CH of 16 or 13 respectively

I played off 6000yrd tees and have a great score of 9 over gross and my index drops to 14.9 (yay)

Now my CH is 15 or 13 !

So I drop a half shot on index but the course handicap for the length I played and scored well on remains unchanged, while I drop a shot on the longer tougher tees

I get it’ll all be wrapped up in the formula and decimalisation etc but still irritates that it’s not the other way round

(yes decimalisation was a joke)

sunshine

Visit site
Need to set the scene… I vary the tees I play from on GP rounds depending on a few things (mostly weather) I play the course either at 6500yrds or 6000yrds and last week my 15.4 index meant a CH of 16 or 13 respectively

I played off 6000yrd tees and have a great score of 9 over gross and my index drops to 14.9 (yay)

Now my CH is 15 or 13 !

So I drop a half shot on index but the course handicap for the length I played and scored well on remains unchanged, while I drop a shot on the longer tougher tees

I get it’ll all be wrapped up in the formula and decimalisation etc but still irritates that it’s not the other way round

(yes decimalisation was a joke)

Get ready for 20 pages explaining how slope index is not a measure of difficulty. And isn’t a measure of the slope of the greens either.

Well played by the way! 😀

D

Deleted member 29109

Having to have a word with the group of old boys in the clubhouse about their language and topic of conversation while sat with my son and in earshot of the girls being the bar.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Having to have a word with the group of old boys in the clubhouse about their language and topic of conversation while sat with my son and in earshot of the girls being the bar.
About ten years ago I was sat with my regular rollup group and conversation by a couple of ‘likely lads’ turned to a new young 16-18yr lass who’d started working doing bar snacks and serving tables. Before it got very far I interjected with “that’s my daughter R - got her an interview and she got the job. A lovely lass”. I’d seen how such conversations between these guys had gone in the past…🙄.

Red devil

Visit site
What?! I can imagine the type. Usually the first to moan about the "yoof of today" and lack of respect. And "bring back national service "