Golf Random Irritations

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sunburn. As a 36-year-old ginger man, you'd think I'd have learned by now to put sunblock on if there's even a possible hint of sun. I forgot this morning while getting ready at 6:30am with torrential rain outside. My arms and neck are absolutely glowing now. 😫
I can feel the glow from here 🥵

oleinone

Visit site
Played a seniors comp yesterday on a shortish course with more doglegs than Crufts. At each tee there was a substantial sign with an illustration of the hole and the overall yardages but no flipping distance to the elbow.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played a seniors comp yesterday on a shortish course with more doglegs than Crufts. At each tee there was a substantial sign with an illustration of the hole and the overall yardages but no flipping distance to the elbow.
This is why I love my Hole19 GPS app. Rangefinders are all well and good but they can only give you distances to objects - the phone apps can give you a yardage to a landing area. (y)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
This is why I love my Hole19 GPS app. Rangefinders are all well and good but they can only give you distances to objects - the phone apps can give you a yardage to a landing area. (y)

And now with their updated watch features you can get the full map on your apple watch without ever having to take the phone out! Its class!

D

Deleted member 15344

If I'm working from home at 9am, I can get 18 holes in somewhere easily.
So to get the course ready at 6 am what time do you think the greenstaff need to be there ?

Also what about any potential noise issues at that time of the money , I know we can’t cut at certain greens because of houses close by

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I don't understand this about greenstaff, surely they work throughout the day while people are playing golf, why are people not allowed to play before they start work?

simsini

Visit site
I don't understand this about greenstaff, surely they work throughout the day while people are playing golf, why are people not allowed to play before they start work?
I can understand it if there's a competition that day, but for just general play it shouldn't matter. I've been to plenty of courses where the green staff work at the same time players are playing. Even at 6am.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
some courses wont you let you out before the clubhouse is open for insurance purposes.

I am doing the 72 hole challenge on 7th July and we had to get permission to tee off at 5am

simsini

Visit site
some courses wont you let you out before the clubhouse is open for insurance purposes.

I am doing the 72 hole challenge on 7th July and we had to get permission to tee off at 5am
I did the 4 course classic in a day for Muscular Dystrophy one year. We teed off at Crowborough Beacon at 4.30am. Got to Piltdown for 8.30am, then played both courses at East Sussex National. Could barely walk by the end!