Golf Random Irritations

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
On a similar theme, sort of, I played in a charity day on Friday. They still haven't announced the results. I'm assuming they did something at the end of the day but it's not hard to post things up on it's own dedicated FB page afterwards. My team won't be in the prizes but I want to know who won, what won etc.

Our place isn't any better.

Played in an open there last Monday. No sign of any results by Tuesday night, so sent a message to the club. Got a response Wednesday night saying the result has been posted in the locker room and will be going up on the website shortly.

Just checked, still nothing on the website or FB, 9 days after the event.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Received an email from our golf club which included the following;

"We now have sanitary bins in the men's toilets in both the clubhouse toilets and changing room toilets, please discard used sanitary towels and incontinence pads in these rather than placing them in the waste bin."

The world's gone bonkers mental. :mad:
What are you angry about, the fact there are new sanitary bins, or the previously they were put in the waste bin.

Roughly 1/4 of all men have incontinence, and it doesn't just affect the old. Surely providing them the dignity of being able to dispose of pads in private is a good thing, no?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Played in an open there last Monday. No sign of any results by Tuesday night, so sent a message to the club. Got a response Wednesday night saying the result has been posted in the locker room and will be going up on the website shortly.

Does anyone look in the locker room? Does anyone go in there? Not much use for visitors either. That's disappointing.

sjw

Visit site

You'd think it'd be quicker/easier to upload some results than to print off and post a physical copy.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
On a similar theme, sort of, I played in a charity day on Friday. They still haven't announced the results. I'm assuming they did something at the end of the day but it's not hard to post things up on it's own dedicated FB page afterwards. My team won't be in the prizes but I want to know who won, what won etc.
The club posted the names of winner's and places , but no actual scores.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site

"We now have sanitary bins in the men's toilets in both the clubhouse toilets and changing room toilets, please discard used sanitary towels and incontinence pads in these rather than placing them in the waste bin."

What is mental about needing sanitary waste disposal? All sorts should go in there, not just period products.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

You should know at your age exactly why they have had to go down this road 🤣🤣🤣

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Have to hold my hands up, it wasn't what I'd feared.
It is to accommodate some of our elderly male members who have incontinence issues.
I confess to getting this one wrong.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Have to hold my hands up, it wasn't what I'd feared.
It is to accommodate some of our elderly male members who have incontinence issues.
I confess to getting this one wrong.

And those who may have had treatment for prostate cancer and related issues. Don’t have to be elderly.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Had an Open booked at @Class course in Scotland. Not able to book online but advised that they would try and accommodate as near as possible to the time requested. I asked for 11/11.30 and was the 3rd to book. Also better later than earlier. What time did I get? 9.20 Unbelievable Jeff..

The positive was I had an Open @St Andrew’s New @16.20, last out. Just had a call that they can change to 13.20. Result

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I went down my club to use the practise area - never done this before but felt like I needed to work on my chipping before the club champs this weekend.

The green they've set up for chipping onto is ridiculous. It's basically an upturned bowl with four flags in the middle. So much so, if I left a chip 2.5 feet short of the nearest flag, it rolled all the way back to my feet. So while it was fine to work on strike, I now have a nagging suspicion that I've just practised whacking my chips up a hill for half an hour, and tomorrow I'll be flying them all off the back of the greens. 😂

RichA

Visit site
I went down my club to use the practise area - never done this before but felt like I needed to work on my chipping before the club champs this weekend.

The green they've set up for chipping onto is ridiculous. It's basically an upturned bowl with four flags in the middle. So much so, if I left a chip 2.5 feet short of the nearest flag, it rolled all the way back to my feet. So while it was fine to work on strike, I now have a nagging suspicion that I've just practised whacking my chips up a hill for half an hour, and tomorrow I'll be flying them all off the back of the greens. 😂
Almost all the greens at ours are as you describe, like upturned bowls. Most are also on an incline. Sadly only one flag on each.

Golfnut1957

Visit site

Sounds perfect to me. Aim to hit your chip 2.5 feet short and if you are successful you will never have to move.