Golf Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
At the range this afternoon. I’m halfway through my basket, hitting it well.

Guy turns up at the bay next to me, watches me for a bit. I hit a couple of good ones, then hit a poor shot. He pipes up “you’re coming in too steep.” I say “really?”, he says “definitely.”

I ignore him, and go back to hitting.

I can’t help noticing him as he is on my right. Virtually every shot he hits is absolutely dreadful, duffing everything about 20 yards.

It might sound mean, but I did get a certain amount of amusement at seeing him struggle after telling me what I was doing wrong.

Why do some people feel compelled to give uninvited advice to total strangers? I could almost understand it if they are fantastic players, but not when they are hopeless.
Please say he had a tour bag with his name embroidered on it

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The club has a full grass outdoor practice range, so each day the 'bays' are marked out in a slightly different place to previous days so we get nice turf each morning

It boils my wee when the first players to use it use the middle of the bay for their strikes instead of towards one of the sides while standing in the middle. It means the next player has to stand on divots :mad:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Tried to buy two x pairs of Ecco shoes off PGA golf pros off Facebook and both times after being pestered have told me they were sold. 😡 why leave folk waiting for 3/4 days and not just advertise there sold.
At this rate al be playing wi Slab in me Crocs 😳

Last edited:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I will continue on the shoe theme, the price of golf shoes. Bearing in mind most are not much more than an OK pair of trainers of an average pair of leather shoes depending on style. For that they want £200, highway robbery. You used to be able to pick up some top of the line ones on sale for £50, double that and add a bit now. As I am starting back out again I was going to treat myself to a pair but that can do one, will wait until I know I am keeping it going long term and make do with what I already have.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I will continue on the shoe theme, the price of golf shoes. Bearing in mind most are not much more than an OK pair of trainers of an average pair of leather shoes depending on style. For that they want £200, highway robbery. You used to be able to pick up some top of the line ones on sale for £50, double that and add a bit now. As I am starting back out again I was going to treat myself to a pair but that can do one, will wait until I know I am keeping it going long term and make do with what I already have.
Have a look at https://www.woodworm.tv/golf?category=golf-shoes. Nice lightweight trainer types hoes, dimpled soles. Ideal for the summer/autumn. If they last you one season then you have got your money's worth. Mine are on their third season and they are still going strong.

Their polo's are usually very good value as well.

They are a bit like Skoda. If you can put up with the badge, you get far better value for money.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Turned up to our usual 16.28 tee time yesterday to see a 4ball ready to go out, checked the booking thing on the app and no group booked around ours.
What made it more annoying was they had 2 buggies, so the pro would've known. We've either got a booking system or not.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Turned up to our usual 16.28 tee time yesterday to see a 4ball ready to go out, checked the booking thing on the app and no group booked around ours.
What made it more annoying was they had 2 buggies, so the pro would've known. We've either got a booking system or not.
Did you raise it with the pro? Surely they let you go first.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Stubert are another brand that seem decent value although I haven't personally tried them....

One pair of soft spike waterproof Stuburts and one pair of dimpled sole leather upper summer shoes in my collection both bought in the sales of a well known Sports shop and are doing fine. On a personal note I could do with slightly thicker soles to aid cushioning but would well suit the average person. Both pairs are on their third season but I have lots of other shoes that I wear.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in a comp on Friday. Having just got used to hard bounces and playing for them only to realise the greens had been well watered and were receptive and I kept forgetting it.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've got a couple of clubs that I want to regrip....was going to do them Tuesday just gone but decided it was too flipping cold in the garage and my hands would go numb.
I'll leave it till the weekend says I
Now, step outside and its like walking on the surface of the Sun and the garage is a very effective oven....