Golf Random Irritations

sjw

Visit site
People who decline your proposed dates for matches without proposing any dates themselves. Why do you have to make me ask?
As someone currently in the dating scene, I've found that just generally, people are absolutely useless at conversing with one another. Hearing that this sort of thing happens organising golf matches doesn't surprise me at all!

Yes, I know, they obviously aren't that interested... save it :LOL:

D

Deleted member 31467

Been struggling with my ball striking for the last year or so, relying on my short game and putting to put a decent score together. Figured out what the problem was, hit the ball like an absolute god today but......you guessed it......couldn't chip and putt to save my life!!!!!

pompeybandit

Visit site
Standing on the Par 3 18th needing under 5 to break 100. Proceeded to put first into the water. Finished with a 6! 😡
Still it's an improvement on previous rounds.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My mate who's a bandit off 29 - got him to put a card in today, and he shot 39 points. Turns out his handicap will be staying the same because he has a score going off - even though that score was 100 and this one was 95. 😣

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
My slow playing mate developed a new one this week.

On Friday we teed off in front of a society. They were all stood on the tee as we drove off. All 4 of us hit really good drives.

Chap in question was last to play. He watched us all hit, then produced a bottle of sun cream from his bag and started to apply it to his arms and legs!!

"I think the folks on the tee would like you to hit sometime" I said. He carried on, by the time he played, the rest of us were greenside.

If you were those guys at Minchinhampton yesterday, "sorry!"

Thankfully we'd lost them within 3 or 4 holes....but I wonder what they thought watching this from the tee? 😭

sjw

Visit site
Standing on the Par 3 18th needing under 5 to break 100. Proceeded to put first into the water. Finished with a 6! 😡
Still it's an improvement on previous rounds.
I was 10 over through 13 yesterday, comfortably on for breaking 90, and then the last five holes were triple, quad, triple, triple, double, to come in with a 98. That's golf 😂

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Considering what the ****ing Stewart ad is currently doing to our forum, you should be ashamed to even contemplate buying one of their trollies.
It is funny I just used to take the window down so it disappeared off the screen. Looking at it today after reading your post I realised the add has an 'x' in the top right corner so it can be turned off.
As a buggy user I am never going to buy a Stewart trolley either.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A 340 yard drive not being used in a scramble as we had to take a team mates to make our allocation

I am reminded of one Texas Scramble I played in with 3 guys who had never played one before, one of them was an exceptionally long hitter and on one hole I could not get the guys to take my drive which had left just 100 in to a green because they wanted to use his which was just a pitch. Nett result on the 18th I was the only one left whose drive could be used.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Shooting double bogey on the 17th then triple bogey on the 18th yesterday and finishing 4th on count back. The 18th was the shocker as the first putt was for birdie. First time in my life I did a 'Hale Irwin' with the ball literally hanging on the edge of the hole.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I am reminded of one Texas Scramble I played in with 3 guys who had never played one before, one of them was an exceptionally long hitter and on one hole I could not get the guys to take my drive which had left just 100 in to a green because they wanted to use his which was just a pitch. Nett result on the 18th I was the only one left whose drive could be used.

It could be worse!

We once played a scramble at ours and some sadist on the committee conjured up the following format - teams of four, four drives each, one of which had to be at a par 3, 4 and 5, with drives on consecutive holes not allowed.

It was a logistical nightmare getting everyone’s drives in, having to think several holes ahead. Many of the teams simply gave up trying.

Suffice to say we never played that format again.