Golf Random Irritations

Teebs

Visit site
Starting birdie, par, birdie then a 7 on a par 3 without losing a ball or going OOB.

Utter waste of a fantastic start to a medal comp..

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
8 over in yesterdays medal. Caused by two three putts and one of the unmentionables that caused a double. 4 over would have seen me get cut back to 3.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
My mate who's a bandit off 29 - got him to put a card in today, and he shot 39 points. Turns out his handicap will be staying the same because he has a score going off - even though that score was 100 and this one was 95. 😣
Not sure how that's possible without PCC getting involved , or the 100 was at Augusta of the Tips :D

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Solo knock yesterday afternoon, nearly missed my tee time which wasn’t the best start! 3 stab at the 1st, chip in birdie at the 2nd, then really consistent for the rest of the front 9 to finish +1 after 9. Drove it into the greenside bunker on 10, not the best lie close to the back edge, and shanked it OOB 🤦‍♂️ wheels fell off from there on in.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure how that's possible without PCC getting involved , or the 100 was at Augusta of the Tips :D
The 100 was at our old club - a scrappy public course. I still think it's bizarre that the course / slope ratings there are quite a lot higher than our new course, when in reality it really isn't that much harder. Also just a general frustration for my mate and the rest of us who keep calling him a bandit - to score 39 points and not even get cut in WHS. (The round that dropped off was from August 2019 by the way - he doesn't put many cards in. 😆)

sunshine

Visit site
People clogging up the randon irritations thread with boring blow by blow details of their latest round of golf. Even more so if it's just a practice round.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
The hot dry weather turning our bunkers into very dry thin top layer with rest of sand hard below . Then rather than learning how to.play out of hard pan bunkers members complain there's no sand in them but can guarantee once it does rain they'll return to normal and they'll tell us ,told you to put more sand in 🤪

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
At the range this afternoon. I’m halfway through my basket, hitting it well.

Guy turns up at the bay next to me, watches me for a bit. I hit a couple of good ones, then hit a poor shot. He pipes up “you’re coming in too steep.” I say “really?”, he says “definitely.”

I ignore him, and go back to hitting.

I can’t help noticing him as he is on my right. Virtually every shot he hits is absolutely dreadful, duffing everything about 20 yards.

It might sound mean, but I did get a certain amount of amusement at seeing him struggle after telling me what I was doing wrong.

Why do some people feel compelled to give uninvited advice to total strangers? I could almost understand it if they are fantastic players, but not when they are hopeless.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not my irritations but posting on behalf of the guy I caddied for today🤣. His playing partners were some of the biggest cheats I've ever come across, giving themselves anything inside 10 feet, improving the lie innthe rough and forgetting multiple shots.

To make matters worse the all the bragged they had shot scores in the 70🤣 more like 90 at least. He'd said the All bragged about shooting good scores at Royal Aberdeen and Cruden bay🤣🤣🤣 too.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
At the range this afternoon. I’m halfway through my basket, hitting it well.

Guy turns up at the bay next to me, watches me for a bit. I hit a couple of good ones, then hit a poor shot. He pipes up “you’re coming in too steep.” I say “really?”, he says “definitely.”

I ignore him, and go back to hitting.

I can’t help noticing him as he is on my right. Virtually every shot he hits is absolutely dreadful, duffing everything about 20 yards.

It might sound mean, but I did get a certain amount of amusement at seeing him struggle after telling me what I was doing wrong.

Why do some people feel compelled to give uninvited advice to total strangers? I could almost understand it if they are fantastic players, but not when they are hopeless.
Because golfers are so easy to wind up, sometimes it is difficult to resist having some fun at their expense.

Or so I've been told.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Entered the county champs this year as its been cut to 18 holes. It was always a scratch comp off the black tee, but found out today when the draw came through its a mixed comp with handicap prize of the white
Only reason I was doing it was to play from the black tees as that's what the course is set up for after the upgrade.

MACM85

Visit site
When you order a driving iron in custom spec so you can get +2 upright and .75 added to the shaft and Cobra decide just to do the lie angle and send it out standard length so it is shorter than my current 7 iron....