Golf Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
After a few months of painless elbows after playing I thought I'd give steel shafts another try..
Dug around in the cupboard and found a MP58 6 iron with a Modus 120 shaft...that'll do...
Hit, probably, 25 shots with it this morning....

Elbows are screaming😫

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sorry…but I find Henni Koyack’’s contributions to the Sky commentary randomly irritating, I don’t know why…but I do, and that’s why it’s random.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The official leader board for the US Open, on the PGATour.com website, is so far behind it's ridiculous.
According to them, Rahm is due to tee off at 7.02pm.
He did, but that was nearly half an hour ago and they've still not updated their website!!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The official leader board for the US Open, on the PGATour.com website, is so far behind it's ridiculous.
He did, but that was nearly half an hour ago and they've still not updated their website!!
Tell the Sky Sports team, reckon four times now they've talked about the US Open being a PGAT event 😐

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Overuse of shallow depth of field camera work at the US Open. Yes it has its place but it seems like the producers think ‘everywhere’ is it’s place.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think it's deliberate - the official official one via the usga site is fine. Iirc, this is also the case for the masters. Not sure about the open or PGA.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’d love to know the science behind this. Ball well below feet, aim left to allow for it to fade, ball doesn’t just go straight, it actually hooks left. How does that work. Every. Single. Time.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I’d love to know the science behind this. Ball well below feet, aim left to allow for it to fade, ball doesn’t just go straight, it actually hooks left. How does that work. Every. Single. Time.

Exactly the same as me. I can only assume the ball being below my feet means I come at it more over the top and the clubface closes as well.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thunder and lightning today , course dried out after an hour of massive monsoon rain

However my shoes now have water stains from walking through long rough to look for my PP ball

How annoying

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Exactly the same as me. I can only assume the ball being below my feet means I come at it more over the top and the clubface closes as well.

Possibly, and I'm guessing here, but, because the ball is below your feet maybe the heel of the club catches the ground just before impact and shuts the club face?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sunburn. As a 36-year-old ginger man, you'd think I'd have learned by now to put sunblock on if there's even a possible hint of sun. I forgot this morning while getting ready at 6:30am with torrential rain outside. My arms and neck are absolutely glowing now. 😫