Golf Random Irritations

sjw

Visit site
I did the 4 course classic in a day for Muscular Dystrophy one year. We teed off at Crowborough Beacon at 4.30am. Got to Piltdown for 8.30am, then played both courses at East Sussex National. Could barely walk by the end!
There's the foundation of a poor-taste joke in there somewhere

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played well today in my 1st individual seniors away open comp in over a year, 19 points after 9 holes, then disaster !!!
The wheels came off, well 1 wheel actually did completely come off my buggy while going up a hill, playing the 10th.
It turned over backwards sending me tumbling arse over tit, fortunately I wasn't injured, but game over.
My mate walked back to the clubhouse to get help to help us get my buggy back.

Last edited:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe out of club ko without playing a game. The worst bit is that I'd be playing a mate in the next round, and I'd loved to have seen his face on the first tee when I told him I was now off 17. summat. He'd be mentally beaten before we'd start, but it would be fun to watch him scrap his way round, and boy would he, under the weight of 10 shots. Oh well....

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
strangers adding themselves to your tee time :mad:
Take it as a compliment that others would like to play with you, and get to know you. I rarely get others sticking their name down with me when I book a tee time as a singleton 🤔🤣

Mind you if I want a solo knock I choose my time carefully - usually trying to ensure that there are plenty of empty slots before and after me.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Golf clubs can't afford to have a potential 4 slot tee time costing £xxxx amount limited to just 1 or 2 players.
Or other members being unable to book a tee time because 1 or 2 want to play by themselves, taking up 4 tee slots.
Unless a match play tie is being played.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Take it as a compliment that others would like to play with you, and get to know you. I rarely get others sticking their name down with me when I book a tee time as a singleton 🤔🤣

Mind you if I want a solo knock I choose my time carefully - usually trying to ensure that there are plenty of empty slots before and after me.
Being a miserable sod I like to have a solo knock durobg the week, plus Mrs d comes with me and we eat in the clubhouse after.

There were at least 5 slots before and after my time so it was exactly busy

Larry long dog

Visit site
More pathetic golf rules.

Specifically a one shot penalty for dropping my putter that moved my ball in the fringe around the green. Clumsy I know but I replaced the ball to it’s original spot. No advantage gained and ended up 3 jabbing as more concerned I was going to get a penalty rather than focusing on the job in hand 🙄

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
More pathetic golf rules.

Specifically a one shot penalty for dropping my putter that moved my ball in the fringe around the green. Clumsy I know but I replaced the ball to it’s original spot. No advantage gained and ended up 3 jabbing as more concerned I was going to get a penalty rather than focusing on the job in hand 🙄

I get this irritation. Its not something we do very often but with the pen for doing it on fairway its kinda like the rule expects players still gain an advantage on the field even when ball is replaced (I totally get the pen is needed if ball not replaced as I'm sure you do)

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My pet hate is having to play from a sand seeded divot, that the greenstaff have recently spent time repairing, absolutely stupid rule.:mad:
Of course it's stupid. You should be allowed to move your ball and take a fresh divot. Then they can repair that one as well and have 2 holes instead of one where the grass has to regrow. :unsure: Doesn't your club provide bags of seed/soil mix for players to repair their divots? ;)

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Of course it's stupid. You should be allowed to move your ball and take a fresh divot. Then they can repair that one as well and have 2 holes instead of one where the grass has to regrow. :unsure: Doesn't your club provide bags of seed/soil mix for players to repair their divots? ;)
No

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any organiser can relate to this one. I'm organising a mini golf trip. Last year, easy, this year, not. Anyway, one person couldn't make it this time, he couldn't move his shifts, wouldn't take a day off. Fine, that's how it goes.

His BiL, coming on the trip, messaged me 'he will come in the end, he just wants to make a point that his job is important' :rolleyes:. I gave him multiple chances to change his mind, but no, he couldn't make it.

This morning I booked accommodation and 2 courses for 6 players, 1 guy I don't know but one of the others asked a mate as 2 x 3 balls is better than 1 x 3 and 1 x 2. 3 hours after booking everything, all the ducks in a row, I get a message. 'Is it too late for me to come?' 🤬🤬.

Deep breathes......the answer is, of course you can come, ring the 2 courses, add yourself on to our group and pay your fees directly, go online for the accommodation and book / pay a room. Oh, and instead of sharing the cost of the room between us all, which we would have done had we booked for 7 at the beginning, you can pay a double rate for 1 on your own. Muppet.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
New (to me) putter just arrived. Do I stick it straight in the bag for my 8:30 match tomorrow morning?? Baptism of fire? Decisions decisions.