Golf Random Irritations

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Went for practice bucket this morning & decided to start with 9i to loosen up and was really pleased I was stripping it really well, hit a dozen to make sure it wasn't a fluke, time to change clubs and only then realised it was my 8i 😒

CountLippe

Visit site
Went for practice bucket this morning & decided to start with 9i to loosen up and was really pleased I was stripping it really well, hit a dozen to make sure it wasn't a fluke, time to change clubs and only then realised it was my 8i 😒
🤣🤣🤣 that’s tickled me that… 🤣🤣

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
30+ people in our golf WhatsApp group and still going to be solo for my round this evening. Weather is ok so not sure why no-one is about - maybe they are trying to tell me something?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Spoke with my younger brother earlier. He was on his way to The Machrie for a few holes by himself. He‘s got a house in Islay (where his wife is from) and has resident’s membership. His round yesterday didn‘t go so well, but he can just roll up whenever he wants…of course he can lucky s**. And where’s my invite? I’ve been waiting years…🤬

Aside…he’s been playing Machrie for 30yrs and tells that it’s a very different but much better layout than the original…which though a great test had just too many blind approach shots (unless you could hit the ball a mile).

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Spoke with my younger brother earlier. He was on his way to The Machrie for a few holes by himself. He‘s got a house in Islay (where his wife is from) and has resident’s membership. His round yesterday didn‘t go so well, but he can just roll up whenever he wants…of course he can lucky s**. And where’s my invite? I’ve been waiting years…🤬

Aside…he’s been playing Machrie for 30yrs and tells that it’s a very different but much better layout than the original…which though a great test had just too many blind approach shots (unless you could hit the ball a mile).
And you can't invite yourself to go with him to Islay because...?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And you can't invite yourself to go with him to Islay because...?
Indeed I invited myself this morning…again…🙄 But I need to know when he’ll be out (he lives in Aberdeen) - and he tends to not let me know. Maybe this time I’ll just keep hassling him.

I’ve even offered to take my daughters b/f along with me - he being my club head pro - to give younger bro a free playing lesson…he might well fancy that…after all he’s taken on a lot of Aberdonian traits since moving there 40yrs ago 🤣

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Indeed I invited myself this morning…again…🙄 But I need to know when he’ll be out (he lives in Aberdeen) - and he tends to not let me know. Maybe this time I’ll just keep hassling him.

I’ve even offered to take my daughters b/f along with me - he being my club head pro - to give younger bro a free playing lesson…he might well fancy that…after all he’s taken on a lot of Aberdonian traits since moving there 40yrs ago 🤣
That explains a lot :LOL:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I put in to a play a new pair of golf shoes which I bought about 3 years ago. The soles have come away from the uppers on both shoes.

D-S

Visit site
Having to wear trousers (not shorts for the first time since early May) to play golf in July due to an antiquated dress code that made those who abided by it look odd to say the least.