Golf Random Irritations

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played today for a General Play card. Played a blinder - it was my second best round in the past 6 months. But my Index has still gone up. Grrr.

(Ok, I know why - the card pushed my best round of the last 6 months out of my last 20 - but that doesn't stop it being irritating).

phillarrow

Visit site
A 5 h'cap sometimes pp who uses his distance measuring device from the edge of the greens, why exactly, just hit the thing ?

That's nothing!

I've played with a 22 handicapper who uses a GPS AND a range finder AND then paces out to the front of the green for everything under 100 yards or so. And yet his ball striking is so woefully inconsistent that none of them are worth doing in isolation, let alone all three together! ?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
A 5 h'cap sometimes pp who uses his distance measuring device from the edge of the greens, why exactly, just hit the thing ?

A friend of mine uses his DMD to measure his tee shots by zapping back to the tee
He also measures from the edge of green to the flag and every putt to the flag

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Captains’s Drive In today with Captain due to drive off at 8.45. The Lady Captain did not arrive until 8.45 with 80 members waiting. Not a great start to her period in office!

D

Deleted member 15344

Removing preffered lies a month early when the course isn’t ready